• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The house stinks of poo!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Is we have lowered the tone already I shall add my two'pennth worth.

My 2 year old has developed what seems a minor lactose intolerance, so when ever he is given real milk (we have been advised by the doctor to keep giving him a little bit in the hope that he "grows out of it") .
    Sorry but this kind of thing really winds me up. You are likely causing your child pain or severe discomfort, as evidenced by the "output" you describe. He is intolerant to lactose, just don't give him any. Or if you do, give it to him 30 mins before you next take him to the doctor and ask again if this is a good idea.
    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
      Sorry but this kind of thing really winds me up. You are likely causing your child pain or severe discomfort, as evidenced by the "output" you describe. He is intolerant to lactose, just don't give him any. Or if you do, give it to him 30 mins before you next take him to the doctor and ask again if this is a good idea.
      We "collect" samples but I fear the poor nurse or receptionist see's more of this than the doctor themselves!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I had a garlic allergy since childhood The slightest trace of garlic would leave me feeling ill. a large dose I.e. a piece of garlic bread would leave me with a swolen throat, lips and puffy watering eyes.
        We threw truckloads of food out over the years that had garlic in, that the manufacturers had simply labeled as spices.
        The doctor recommended 10 years ago that I put up with the discomfort caused by small doses to build up a tolerance.
        after 5 years I could eat a meal with a reasonable ammount of garlic with little or no ill affect. now I can eat Garlic bread and raw garlic in a salad.

Love the taste, still can't stand the smell
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Discomfort for long-term gain is for the kid's own good. IF you can gain lactose tolerance that is, which sounds a bit fishy to me, I thought these things normally got worse rather than better. But if a doctor suggest something I'd at least do some research before writing off their advice.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            I had a garlic allergy since childhood The slightest trace of garlic would leave me feeling ill. a large dose I.e. a piece of garlic bread would leave me with a swolen throat, lips and puffy watering eyes.
            We threw truckloads of food out over the years that had garlic in, that the manufacturers had simply labeled as spices.
            The doctor recommended 10 years ago that I put up with the discomfort caused by small doses to build up a tolerance.
            after 5 years I could eat a meal with a reasonable ammount of garlic with little or no ill affect. now I can eat Garlic bread and raw garlic in a salad.

Love the taste, still can't stand the smell
            To be clear, I agree that intolerances can be handled this way, just not for 2 year olds. Too much other development is going on. I'd wait at least until 4 or 5.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Discomfort for long-term gain is for the kid's own good. IF you can gain lactose tolerance that is, which sounds a bit fishy to me, I thought these things normally got worse rather than better. But if a doctor suggest something I'd at least do some research before writing off their advice.
              Conversely, before blindly doing something that would cause my child pain, on the advice of anyone whether doctor or not, I would do some research.

Our experience is that doctors (GP's I guess) have very little understanding of nutrition / tolerances / allergies.

With our son, once we were able to get control of his gut issues, his behaviour, communication and learning improved considerably.

Comment

Don't you find it annoying when a client asks you what technologies to use, then comes back with "well I found a forum post about how Java is slow so we're going to use C for the web-server"?

You'd think they were an idiot.

Comment

Don't you find it annoying when a client asks you what technologies to use, then comes back with "well I found a forum post about how Java is slow so we're going to use C for the web-server"?

I have pulled doctors up a couple of times before - I always do some research first. I always remember a kidney doctor walking out on me because I knew all about haplotype(sp?) matching.

Personally I like clients who know a little about IT - they are easier to deal with(generally).

Comment

You always have the option of a 2nd opinion (don't you) if you don't agree with your doctor. Or your contractor

Comment

Yes.

But if I was that client and came back with benchmark performance tests using nginx and nodejs vs tomcat and servlets I would expect the consultant to at least be aware of newer technologies and be able to advise accordingly.

Or if the consultant says, I've never heard of a cure for your problem, therefore one does not exist. So you might as well give up.

Which obviously would be fine for you and yours, but not for me and mine.

Comment

Working...
                      X