• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FA Cup Final

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    That's ridiculous.

There would have been league games playing at the same time if it were at 3.00 PM which isn't good for the fans or revenue, no other reason.
    I think he was taking the piss a little
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
      My point is that it’s unhealthy not to have closure and this has rumbled on for years and years.
      Difficult for the families to get any form of closure when there hasn't ever been any justice for those who were lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
        Difficult for the families to get any form of closure when there hasn't ever been any justice for those who were lost.
        We're talking scousers here, are they sure they weren't simply stolen, not lost?

Comment

By arresting the ticketless hordes? I doubt they'll catch them now.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
            We're talking scousers here, are they sure they weren't simply stolen, not lost?
            Are you accusing me of being a tealeaf?

Oh - you said scousers not scourers.

Comment

Caging fans into grounds was the root of the problem. Thankfully we have never had a repeat of that horrific event. At the time I attended football matches and witnessed the treatment of fans by the police but also saw many fans pissed up before the game. All a recipe for disaster.
              one day at a time

Comment

Caging fans into grounds was the root of the problem. Thankfully we have never had a repeat of that horrific event. At the time I attended football matches and witnessed the treatment of fans by the police but also saw many fans pissed up before the game. All a recipe for disaster.
                Me too, sadly.

It was a fairly common tactic to turn up en masse just before kick-off so ticketless fans could get in, because the police would open the gates for safety reasons (how ironic).

Caging was a result of appalling fan behaviour. I seem to recall Ken Bates wanting to electrify the fences!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  That's ridiculous.

There would have been league games playing at the same time if it were at 3.00 PM which isn't good for the fans or revenue, no other reason.
                  Usually, the FA cup was the only major game played on the day, so it could kick off at 3pm without having to compete for audiences/TV.

I seem to recall the date of the cup final was brought forward at Capello's insistence to give the England team more chance to rest before they embarrass the nation at Euro 2012.
                  If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Me too, sadly.

It was a fairly common tactic to turn up en masse just before kick-off so ticketless fans could get in, because the police would open the gates for safety reasons (how ironic).

Caging was a result of appalling fan behaviour. I seem to recall Ken Bates wanting to electrify the fences!
                    Back in those days going to a match was certainly a different experience. The drunks in the kop end at Leeds had no problem relieving themselves on the unfortunate punter in front of them, Nazi salutes to any black player (even on their own team I seem to remember) and then often a brick pelting getting out of the ground from opposition fans ripping up seats. Certainly, an eye-opener for a 15yo.

Ken Bates had a point
                    one day at a time

Comment

Back in those days going to a match was certainly a different experience. The drunks in the kop end at Leeds had no problem relieving themselves on the unfortunate punter in front of them, Nazi salutes to any black player (even on their own team I seem to remember) and then often a brick pelting getting out of the ground from opposition fans ripping up seats. Certainly, an eye-opener for a 15yo.

Ken Bates had a point
                      I think that secretly many agreed with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X