• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Driving experiences / track days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missus bought me a 4x4 experience for Christmas.

Link

Haven't done it yet but plan on making a weekend of it down in Cornwall.

Comment

Tempting to drive a 'supercar' but I would only really be interested in a single seater or Caterham I reckon.
      As an alternative, get down to Speedkarting in Warrington, arrive and drive, 10quid for 5 laps, indoors and lots of fun...

Comment

If its for the missus, i'd avoid a track day - too hardcore.

I would opt for a Porsche experience at Silverstone. Its a dedicated Porsche driving centre on the outskirts of the circuit. There are lots of options to look at, but the half day experience would be a good intro into track driving plus she would get to try her hand on the kick plate, the ice hill and the low friction skid pan. Your assigned an instructor for the duration.

You also get a tour of the centre, plus breakfast prior and a fine dining experience in the restaurant overlooking the complex afterward. The food is top notch.

Its not cheap, the cost for half a day used to be around £550 I think (i've never paid for the few times i've been), but I have no idea what it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          I live not too far from Oulton Park but they didn't seem to have much on offer.
          Oulton is a great track, I've had my bike round it a good few times. No sure on cars myself but one of my cousins does car trackdays there a fair bit but remember when searching that track day and driving experience are very different things. dont think your missus would enjoy a trackday as they are generally very competitive and most blokes on them are nobbers.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
            Tempting to drive a 'supercar' but I would only really be interested in a single seater or Caterham I reckon.
            As an alternative, get down to Speedkarting in Warrington, arrive and drive, 10quid for 5 laps, indoors and lots of fun...
            I was going to say £10 for 5 laps was a bit steep but then I saw the track.

I go karting with the permies at every opportunity, is that an IR35 indicator?
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I am always first to sign up for a Karting outing AND first to suggest it as the next team outing - hmmm not good.....

Comment

Why the need to hire a track? There's still some roads in the country where you can give it the full beans without getting nicked (M50, M6 Toll Booth drag) or even something like the Cat and Fiddle if you want a bit of adrenaline thrown in.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  Just had a look at 'BookaTrack' £200-300 seems reasonable until you realise the Caterham is another £725 on top.
                  They've put their prices up a bit; victims of their own success I think. But still, that's for a full day, i.e. 6 - 7 hours of tracktime if you want it with all your fuel, tyres and brakes taken care of. If there's two of you taking turns it's not all that expensive for what you're getting. Nobody is going to give you a full day in a supplied car for £200.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    Why the need to hire a track? There's still some roads in the country where you can give it the full beans without getting nicked (M50, M6 Toll Booth drag) or even something like the Cat and Fiddle if you want a bit of adrenaline thrown in.
                    Milton Keynes is free.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Thanks all, some good ideas there, and yes been to the Karting track in Warrington was very good. May pop along next week when the kids go back.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X