• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nutter of the week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Hence skimming it rather than diving in. Dunno.

I always thought landing on boxes could hurt - they're very strong at the edges so what if you catch one wrong?!
    I think boxes are easier to land on than water, because they absorb a lot of energy when they crumble. Water by contrast acts like a non-Newtonian fluid at speed, getting harder than we are used to seeing it behave normally.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I think boxes are easier to land on than water, because they absorb a lot of energy when they crumble. Water by contrast acts like a non-Newtonian fluid at speed, getting harder than we are used to seeing it behave normally.
      Though come to think of it planes land on water too.

Come to think of it #2. Water skiers presumably could manage a 2 m jump at 50 mph too.
      Last edited by TimberWolf; 23 May 2012, 16:06.

Comment

Headcam view from the chap who followed him out. I still can't believe he survived this (or was even allowed to try it).

Head-cam footage shows danger of stuntman's jump - ITV News
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          Headcam view from the chap who followed him out. I still can't believe he survived this (or was even allowed to try it).

It's amazing to watch realising that those changes to the flight path are man-made, with no rigid control surfaces and unpowered.

Comment

Balls of steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Pretty amazing! Makes my hands sweat just looking at it.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Though come to think of it planes land on water too.

Come to think of it #2. Water skiers presumably could manage a 2 m jump at 50 mph too.
                There we go, the next trick - jump out of a plane in a wingsuit which turns into an inflatable dingy
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  There we go, the next trick - jump out of a plane in a wingsuit which turns into an inflatable dingy
                  It would be interesting to know what, if anything, he plans to do next.

Comment

Working...
                  X