• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golf Club Fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    If that is Rochdale Gof Club then times are hard - it used to have a 7 year waiting list and loads joined another club up the road while they waited to be deemed fit to join.
    It also used to have a men-only entrance at the front !!
    It had a convient fire the other year, and the club house has been rebuilt...

You talking about the club at Heap Bridge area (North Manchester?)
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Nothing says "I'm a dullard" more than joining a Golf Club

Please shoot me when the time comes when I drive past American Golf and say "Nice Pringle jumper" ...

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
        WTF??? Just had an email from my local club. Now bearing in mind I'm only looking at giving the game a go, and maybe taking it up later in the year, the membership fees are stupid!

£900pa + £500 joining fee.

Now taking in account this is Rochdale I live in, home of immigrants and unemployed, is it any wonder their membership numbers are down??/
        I'd laugh and tell them to **** off at that price. Ask them if it comes with nude female gold caddies? Or gold balls.

The cheaper clubs around my area charge £6-£15 per go or around £150pa on average.

The ones that host major tournaments or cater to elite golfers around here (the type of country club places) charge around £300pa with no joining fee or charge £25-£60 per round ...

I would never pay above £200pa, maybe £350pa down south for an ordinary course and would expect a championship one to be between £300-£500pa.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
          I'd laugh and tell them to **** off at that price. Ask them if it comes with nude female gold caddies? Or gold balls.

The cheaper clubs around my area charge £6-£15 per go or around £150pa on average.

The ones that host major tournaments or cater to elite golfers around here (the type of country club places) charge around £300pa with no joining fee or charge £25-£60 per round ...

I would never pay above £200pa, maybe £350pa down south for an ordinary course and would expect a championship one to be between £300-£500pa.
          Yes, but you live in a toilet.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

True, the north is a tulip-hole, but I don't live too far from scooby actually ...

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
              True, the north is a tulip-hole, but I don't live too far from scooby actually ...
              I live in the toilet, you in the separate bathroom??

Comment

Its Rochdale the locals can afford it :

Wife-swap Lizzy insists: 'I'm a star' | Rochdale Observer - menmedia.co.uk

Shut up and claim!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X