• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Opps... Could be doomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Just sent a file to customer that included internal costs... Totally my fault, no excuse (other than 2 kids in the house with Chicken Pox). Arse.

Proper miffed off now.
    www.jobserve.com, www.cwjobs.com, www.technojobs.com.

HTH

Sorry to hear you can't work Outlook, but tulip happens.

Don't worry or fret until you need to.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      in Outlook, if a recall is successful, the recepient never read it.

It only fails if the recepient gets to it first.
      It went external, so off the server.

On this weeks project board now, so held my hands up and said "I sent an internal file by mistake, please delete the first email, sorry".
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
        in Outlook, if a recall is successful, the recepient never read it.

It only fails if the recepient gets to it first.
        Doesn't work very well at this client or my last one however fast you recall it. Just points out the fact you wanted it recalling so must be something juicy!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

All seems quiet. The spin I applied may have worked, plus the fact i stood up and took the ownership...

Phew. Still, v annoyed with myself

Comment

All seems quiet. The spin I applied may have worked, plus the fact i stood up and took the ownership...

If you hadn't said anything, I bet nobody would have read it. Who reads emails these days!
            Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
              If you hadn't said anything, I bet nobody would have read it. Who reads emails these days!
              What I never said to begin with, is that it wasnt who noticed!! The Sales lead spotted it.

I hate sales people, so its not like I care what he thinks anyway!

Comment

What I never said to begin with, is that it wasnt who noticed!! The Sales lead spotted it.

I hate sales people, so its not like I care what he thinks anyway!
                I once saw a Sales Operations Manager(been in the job two weeks) send out the internal salaries file to the entire senior management team. 200 odds salaries sent to 30 individuals.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The adage 'if you're gonna get a kick, get near the boot' is always good advice. You did the right thing, I think.

Comment

At least you only really upset your own client rather than upsetting one of their customers which is generally worse.

I worked for a while at an e-commerce company that unusually had two large clients in the same (very competitve) industry and each had their own big, closely guarded, hard earned and valuable customer lists.

A junior dev had the task of sending out a big sale announcement for client X and he mistakenly sent the mailshot to client Y's entire customer list. His feet didn't touch the floor unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                    X