• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No way to run a project.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    +1... Good point this...
    +2 sounds exactly like that is what happening.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Do you still have another one to go to or has someone else grabbed it / been assigned to it?
      It was a temporary one to tie me over. Just going to finish up all the documentation, stick it in the eRooms, invoice and then feck off with a view to come back in on the 16th April assuming I don't hear anything saying the opposite.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        +2 sounds exactly like that is what happening.
        I doubt it, they're way to big for that.

It's actually austerity measures. There are a number of redundencies sweeping through the US, every project must be signed off by 8 people & that process is taking time. They have literally paralysed their own business. Telling contractors to go home and wait though is piss poor management. For those that get a green light, who is to say that the resource will still be there next week.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          There was a soft ticking earlier.

It's clicking pretty bloody loud now.
          Hit it with a large hammer.

Comment

I doubt it, they're way to big for that.

It's actually austerity measures. There are a number of redundencies sweeping through the US, every project must be signed off by 8 people & that process is taking time. They have literally paralysed their own business. Telling contractors to go home and wait though is piss poor management. For those that get a green light, who is to say that the resource will still be there next week.
            Either that or they have put a bid in for another company so projects have been put on hold.

The resource risk is one they seem to be willing to take. Get yourself sorted and move on if there's nowt come come back to on the 16th.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Either that or they have put a bid in for another company so projects have been put on hold.

The resource risk is one they seem to be willing to take. Get yourself sorted and move on if there's nowt come come back to on the 16th.
              When this one finishes I think it will be the last one for me. Need to spend my energies on building a new business from scratch and spending 100% of time on that. The problem with contracting is that the easy money is stopping me from going it alone properly.

All or nothing.

Comment

When this one finishes I think it will be the last one for me. Need to spend my energies on building a new business from scratch and spending 100% of time on that. The problem with contracting is that the easy money is stopping me from going it alone properly.

All or nothing.
                Most of the reason we contract is to build the money up to go it alone. Only reason I've taken my next one is because they want plan b integrated into it and I could do with some cash for my wife's plan c.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What would suity do?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    What would suity do?
                    I don't have any nappies to hand.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      What would suity do?
                      It's a valid question. I think we should be told.

Comment

Working...
                      X