• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This weeks 'accident'...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheMonkey
    Cyclists are generally irresponsible, dangerous and are total maniacs.
    I would guess that 99.9% of accidents involving cyclists are caused by the cyclists themselves. I've yet to see anyone use that bit at the traffic lights which is reserved for them. Come to think of it, I've yet to see a cyclist actually stop at a red light, they normally just hurtle straight on through ignoring any pedestrians and traffic. And then they have the fecking cheek to blame motorists for cutting them up. If you want to play "rules of the road" with pedestrians (and win) then don't come crying when you play with a car (and lose). If it were up to me they'd have to be licensed and insured, and subject to the same rules as drivers. Actually, if it were up to me, they'd all be lined up and shot, although I'd try and think of something really nasty to do to them first.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
      I've yet to see anyone use that bit at the traffic lights which is reserved for them.
      probably because cars use them. I have on several occasions, but generally there are cars there so no room for me a nd my 2 wheeler.

I've ebeen knocked off my bike twice by cars, neither my fault. THe second was at a T junction waitin to turn left. THe car next to me (fecing TT) decided to turn into me knocking me off my bike. Once passed me continued up the kerb, just missing a pedestrian.

I caught him up at the next set of lights, opend the door took the keys out and threw them in someones garden. Tosser!
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

It's the usual story - 90% of bike riders and car drivers cycle/drive safely and courteously, and 10% of each are morons.

I get as annoyed as anyone with cyclists who ride through pedestrians, my wife nearly got knocked over by one the other week crossing at a green light. It also scares the hell out of me that there are frustrated little men like Mordy on the roads in control of a ton of steel.

Comment

That was brave of you MrsGoof. How did the driver react?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeGregan
            It also scares the hell out of me that there are frustrated little men like Mordy on the roads in control of a ton of steel.
            What makes you think I'm in control...?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang
              That was brave of you MrsGoof. How did the driver react?
              luckily (for me) shoked , by the time they managed to unbucke the seatbelt I was gone!
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Good for him. If I had my way I'd squash the bloody nuisances too.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X