• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This weeks 'accident'..."

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Good for him. If I had my way I'd squash the bloody nuisances too.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang
    That was brave of you MrsGoof. How did the driver react?
    luckily (for me) shoked , by the time they managed to unbucke the seatbelt I was gone!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by GeorgeGregan
    It also scares the hell out of me that there are frustrated little men like Mordy on the roads in control of a ton of steel.
    What makes you think I'm in control...?

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    That was brave of you MrsGoof. How did the driver react?

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeGregan
    replied
    It's the usual story - 90% of bike riders and car drivers cycle/drive safely and courteously, and 10% of each are morons.

I get as annoyed as anyone with cyclists who ride through pedestrians, my wife nearly got knocked over by one the other week crossing at a green light. It also scares the hell out of me that there are frustrated little men like Mordy on the roads in control of a ton of steel.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    I've yet to see anyone use that bit at the traffic lights which is reserved for them.
    probably because cars use them. I have on several occasions, but generally there are cars there so no room for me a nd my 2 wheeler.

I've ebeen knocked off my bike twice by cars, neither my fault. THe second was at a T junction waitin to turn left. THe car next to me (fecing TT) decided to turn into me knocking me off my bike. Once passed me continued up the kerb, just missing a pedestrian.

I caught him up at the next set of lights, opend the door took the keys out and threw them in someones garden. Tosser!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMonkey
    Cyclists are generally irresponsible, dangerous and are total maniacs.
    I would guess that 99.9% of accidents involving cyclists are caused by the cyclists themselves. I've yet to see anyone use that bit at the traffic lights which is reserved for them. Come to think of it, I've yet to see a cyclist actually stop at a red light, they normally just hurtle straight on through ignoring any pedestrians and traffic. And then they have the fecking cheek to blame motorists for cutting them up. If you want to play "rules of the road" with pedestrians (and win) then don't come crying when you play with a car (and lose). If it were up to me they'd have to be licensed and insured, and subject to the same rules as drivers. Actually, if it were up to me, they'd all be lined up and shot, although I'd try and think of something really nasty to do to them first.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    He misssed you

I should think he should take his driving test again and try later

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I suspect he saw you ten yards into your daily "cycle" and decided to skidaddle quick before he had to shoehorn you and your bike into the cab again before dropping you off just round the corner from work for a pitance due to the shortness of the journey.

He obviously panicked. He was only smilling as he realised the ensuing chaos got him out of such duties and he would gladly go to jail.

Only joking. Have another pie and calm down.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    They should pay road tax too.
    It's only "fair".

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Shim: Right in the middle of Copenhagen, just approaching the train station. The cyclists had a green light, the taxi was in a special lane and had a red for the right.

TheMonkey: Mostly there are special lanes for cyclists, just below the pedestrians and just above the road for cars. I do agree, cyclists who run red lights drive me wild as well, apart from the time they waste by slowing me down by getting in the way, I don't find watching them getting scraped off the road much fun either.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Strangled at fecking birth IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Can't have been in Denmark surely?

That is the crux of the argument, threaded old bean. If a car driver gets annoyed with a cyclist and deliberately tries to run them off the road (as some do), surely they should be charged with attempted murder?

1 ton of metal versus 20lbs of bike?

If, instead of using the car, he had got out and knocked the cyclist off with a baseball bat, would it not be seen as a more criminal offence? I think it would.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Hell yeah!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...