• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I be sacked for having nookie with a permie?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nookie with a permie is tax deductible and IR35 proof despite what NLUK says.

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
      That's not quite correct.

Shagging a permie in the office from the missionary position indicates a 'disguised employee' status, ie. you are using company property. While taking a permie from behind is not, because as the permie cannot directly see you, you can in effect invoke your mutuality of obligation clause & insure yourself outside of IR35. To be completely certain though just make sure you only shag contractors & temporary staff.

hth

MF
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Nookie with a permie is...IR35 proof despite what NLUK says.
        Only if she is part of the Defined Project.

Shagging women on other projects could be seen as an IR35 pointer.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by SillyPerson View Post
          I'm on a long-term contract which is going extremely well....recently it's been better than ever - because I've started a relationship with a colleague. This colleague is a fellow manager (same grade) in the same department however she's a permie.

Can I be fired for this? (I think not but I'm not sure)
          Well I wasnt (sacked) and in fact, they kept extending me and eventually sat us opposite each other on the same desk. Ah, those were the days. I love a bit of geordie (or rather did!).
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

OK - I'm laughing but...

Thank you. All good points and well made.

As is - and indeed was - mine. If you get the, erm, point.

So what if (see what I did there) I'm married and it's well known - is there no 'moral / ethical code' that could in theory or in practice have me marched off the square? As a contractor I could be binned for any reason but if (again with the 'if') my manager was a religious / 'upstanding' / frustrated and jealous type - couldn't I be carpetted ?

SP

PS As contractors I don't expect any overly sanctimonious replies to my marital situation but if you do opine same please assume I'm the sort who's sorting your missus out while you're being a sanctimoniuos husband.

Comment

I actually agree. Seems to fit the wholly and exclusively to me. If you were not at the gig working you wouldn't be able to tup the locals. Saying that permies tup permies so to avoid looking like a hidden permie it would be a good idea to raise and invoice even it is for zero cost....
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                I don't think you can be fired for having a relationship with a perm per se, but jizzing over her tits in the MD's office might be a step too far.
                Not if she's the MD.

Comment

Surely that would depend on which of you has direction and control.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by SillyPerson View Post
                    I'm on a long-term contract which is going extremely well....recently it's been better than ever - because I've started a relationship with a colleague. This colleague is a fellow manager (same grade) in the same department however she's a permie.

Can I be fired for this? (I think not but I'm not sure)
                    I made this very same mistake. And the answer is yes

When HR discovered that I had been knobbing 'Shaz' from accounts they cornered me in the car park and tasered me three times. As I writhed in a smoking heap on the ground, they sliced me up with an Occam razor then ran a steam roller over me (in reverse).

After that they made me wear a man utd jersey, spat in my coffee and kicked me in the left nut a few times.

What was funny was that when they learned that 'Shaz' was my wife, they verbally apologised, paid me £4.23 compensation then sacked me anyway.

So dont knob a permie. even if you are married to her

not a word of a lie gov. straight up

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      Admit it Sas, You're somebody's beatch at clientco and you are trying to justify to yourself and the world your daily doggin over the copier by hairy chested Horace the HR manager in order to to keep your £40 a day contract

Sas is a permie...
                      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                      X