• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fuel 'crisis'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Reuse the bag.
    With all the salads and low fat Diet food I've been eating lately, that is Not an option
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
      If everyone buys as much fuel as they can and hoards some beans too, will it keep the UK out of recession this quarter?
      You got it. The non-panic came just in time to boost VAT receipts this quarter. That helps out Boy George's money problems and as a bonus, proves that the economy is doing well under this government.

Then next quarter the drivers strike and VAT receipts are down (doubly so because of the advance buying). That proves that striking workers ruined the economy. Govt introduces new anti-union legislation.

The following quarter, back to normal. VAT receipts back up. Proves that the government followed the right course.

Yes, we were born yesterday.
      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

School holidays start after today, far fewer people on the roads needing petrol
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
          You got it. The non-panic came just in time to boost VAT receipts this quarter. That helps out Boy George's money problems and as a bonus, proves that the economy is doing well under this government.

Then next quarter the drivers strike and VAT receipts are down (doubly so because of the advance buying). That proves that striking workers ruined the economy. Govt introduces new anti-union legislation.

The following quarter, back to normal. VAT receipts back up. Proves that the government followed the right course.

Ah! A conspracy Theorist

And probably correct, but it beats the old method of starting a war to detract people
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

You're not thinking like contractors. Have you not noticed that when the fuel strikes hit just go to a motorway service station. These places never run out as they're expensive as ****.

Part of me is kicking myself for leaving last client co. I was on a site that kept 240,000 litres of diesel in reserve just in case of a strike. That would have kept my focus going for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              You're not thinking like contractors. Have you not noticed that when the fuel strikes hit just go to a motorway service station. These places never run out as they're expensive as ****.

Part of me is kicking myself for leaving last client co. I was on a site that kept 240,000 litres of diesel in reserve just in case of a strike. That would have kept my focus going for a while.

Motorway Service Stations got me through the last fuel strike, they always had fuel. Personally id rather pay 4/5p a litre more than queue for 10, 20, 60? minutes? besides which youre burning that in fuel waiting to fill up at a cheaper garage.

Ive got a 300 mile round trip to Wales this weekend, I kinda saw this coming and filled up on Monday, should have enough to get me there and back, but im confident the M4 services will have fuel (my local garage was dry this morning).

Comment

Originally posted by Barley View Post
                ... besides which youre burning that in fuel waiting to fill up at a cheaper garage.
                Just a thought... but while you're waiting - why not switch your engine off?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I was on a site that kept 240,000 litres of diesel in reserve just in case of a strike. That would have kept my focus going for a while.
                  Diesel is a bit radical, have you tried coffee or redbull to help you concentrate?
                  Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Expensive or not but Rownhams on the M27 ran out of all fuel yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post

I never thought of it like that..... but it all makes sense now!

Comment

Working...
                      X