• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have just had to fire someone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closest I've come was a fellow contractor who had just joined and who I had to get fired. Had to tell the guy as a courtesy as the client was just going to let the agency phone him and not say it to his face.

Not nice.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Oh my!

Provided you did it compassionately, I'm pretty sure you'll have done them a favour.

(Says the voice of experience who jumped before being pushed...)
      Exactly, you just have to be subtle.

"Team meeting in 2 minutes. Everyone into the staff room - Not you, Neil ..."
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Never had a problem with it. I have fired 2 guys and in turn I got fired from my first job for being crap and non interested. A week or two later I started working in IT and never looked back.

You fired them. Fired means they were so bad at what they did, they needed to do something else, otherwise it was going to have an effect on your business or the people around them. Life's tough they will learn from it or they will not care and carry on being dumb enough to get canned.

Don't take it too hard and have a beer.

Comment

Was it GeorgeB?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...eaky-time.html

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Just think of the commission you will be get when you fill the new vacancy

Boomed
            Which might go a small way to pay the costs of the upcomming Industrial Tribunal, compensation, lawyers etc.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              WZS I've done it twice and will probably have to do it again in the future and I hate doing it.
              Bulltulip, you are a level 1 code monkey. Just admit it and we'll move on.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Bit unwarranted there !!!!! Eek is a well respected member of the forum from what I have read the last few days!!!!

Never had to fire someone myself,but can imagine it's quite stressful!!!

Comment

Go, suity!

Comment

Level 1? I could never get past the boss of level 0.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

WHS

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
                      Bit unwarranted there !!!!! Eek is a well respected member of the forum from what I have read the last few days!!!!

Never had to fire someone myself,but can imagine it's quite stressful!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X