• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Communism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must be the life and soul of every party you don't get invited to.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This whole tea situation is remarkably similar to the 50p tax debate.

Because i might have to make tea for up to 8 people i never bother making tea because it's far too much effort. As such nobody really makes much tea and the tea economy dies.

This is the same situation to the 50p tax. Ambitious people can't be bothered to earn a lot of money because they're just give half of it away. As such the actual economy dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post

Because i might have to make tea for up to 8 people i never bother making tea because it's far too much effort. As such nobody really makes much tea and the tea economy dies.

This is the same situation to the 50p tax. Ambitious people can't be bothered to earn a lot of money because they're just give half of it away. As such the actual economy dies.
        I just make my own tea. Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          You're Knight Rider.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            No, you're a tea-Libertarian, the most admirable type of person there is.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post

8 whole people? I thought it must have been more like 20 from the fuss you were making. 8 barely even needs a tray.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

20 people on one desk? I thought 8 was high, do you work in a Chinese sweat shop? No wonder you're such a ardent communist.

Comment

I'm with Robinho 100% on this. I make my own tea, when I want it, how I like it, and without the drag of having to make it for other people. Except Claire, I used to make her tea very occasionally, but she was the exception. Oh and Tracy a couple of years ago.

I appreciate getting away from the desk the regularly as well, it's healthy. I'm not going to join any of those bizarre little tea groups.

Comment

A long time ago at a ClientCo far, far away when I was coerced into the "tea round" culture, some wag gave me a Green Tea teabag along with the other standard orders.

He was not impressed when his beverage came back laced with day old milk.

One down, six to go...
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                      A long time ago at a ClientCo far, far away when I was coerced into the "tea round" culture, some wag gave me a Green Tea teabag along with the other standard orders.

He was not impressed when his beverage came back laced with day old milk.

One down, six to go...
                      Good on yer.

Comment

Working...
                      X