• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insomnia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's rocking the Insomnia look tonight?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

terrible thing is insomnia. It can drive you bonkers

I never understodd why people need to sleep though. I mean, whats it for , eh ?

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Moi .....

On the upside, Im playing around and wasting discs by downloading and burning linux distros ....

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Not just people, but all life AFAIK.

Just been reading about horses, who being prey animals, only need a few hours of broken sleep a day. But if they don't get some good quality zzzz (REM sleep), which they need to be lying down to get, they go nuts too.
          Horse behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

It works for me, so it's not necessarily for everyone but simply not going to bed till your really tired works most of the time and sleeping in almost recovery position
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              A sure-fire way to cure insomnia is to have a child. I guarantee you'll have no problem sleeping during the non-crying moments.
              Sleep deprivation from a screaming baby probably only approximates what a chronic insomniac is going through all the time.

Both sound awful, I'm glad of my ability to sleep virtually anytime, any place.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                terrible thing is insomnia. It can drive you bonkers

In a nutshell, based on your experiences during the day, sleep is required for the brain to update and to recharge essential organs in the body – part of evolution.
                one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                  In a nutshell, based on your experiences during the day, sleep is required for the brain to update and to recharge essential organs in the body
                  Yes we know that's the overview but HOW does that work, WHAT exactly does sleep do - or conversely what does not sleeping do?

Do we understand any of the details or is this an area which remains a bit of black magic?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Yes we know that's the overview but HOW does that work, WHAT exactly does sleep do - or conversely what does not sleeping do?

Do we understand any of the details or is this an area which remains a bit of black magic?
                    Scientists aren't exactly sure what kinds of organizing your brain does while you sleep, but they think that sleep might be the time when the brain sorts and stores information, replaces chemicals, and solves problems
                    Why Do I Need to Sleep?

Should be pitched at the right level for this place
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

As eluded, sleep developed as part of an evolutionary process and the exact mechanics are unknown. Humans have long childhoods' to facilitate optimum brain development (allegedly).
                      one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X