• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insomnia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    True, but it's usually ruined by the missus wanting to talk about something pointless just as I nod off
    You need to carefully explain you’re in a sleep improvement regime and stressful small talk is not allowed just before bedtime

(save the bedtime bingo for weekends too).
    one day at a time

Comment

A sure-fire way to cure insomnia is to have a child. I guarantee you'll have no problem sleeping during the non-crying moments.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I usually count my unbanned sockies to fall asleep.

MF

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          A sure-fire way to cure insomnia is to have a child. I guarantee you'll have no problem sleeping during the non-crying moments.
          Is that what your mum told you?

Comment

Another good one is to run before going to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Is that what your mum told you?
              No its because some of us have the ability to reproduce.
              HTH
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Definitely worked for me. I used to suffer a bit before child; now I'm generally so bone tired by 9pm that I seem to sleep soundly for the first time in a long time. Not sure it's an ideal solution for insomnia though...bit extreme.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Insomnia is a sign of stress.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Hate not being able to sleep and get more and more angry at myself because I can't.....weird but true! Bath and relax before bed

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      Insomnia is a sign of stress.
                      Am I stressed

Hmmmm

Kids are largely off my hands so plenty of wonga to play with

Off on two week holiday soon to Amerika

Contract is the biggest pile of poo ever working with absolute clueless muppets for a global TLA named company, CLUELESS FECKWITS WOULD BE GENEROUS, THEY KEEP SHIPPING IN MORE FECKWITS FROM THE SUB CONTINENT IMAGINING THAT SOMEHOW MORE BODIES EQUALS MORE PRODUCTIVITY, IT DOESN'T!

Nope ... don't think I'm stressed at all
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X