• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insomnia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had it really bad for years. I've been known to go an entire night with no sleep at all; that leaves you feeling really washed out the next day when you have a long commute and a stressful day ahead of you.

2 Things that have helped:

1) Nytol - Shouldn't use this on a regualar basis as it loses its efficacy & probably not good for you but I identified Sunday as being a night where I struggle to sleep so I pop a couple then & normally get a good night. I find the pills leave a funny taset in your mouth the next day though.

2) Earplugs - I often get woken by something & then stay awake for ages. Using earplugs stops me from getting woken by the caterwauling from next door's cats.
    That said, as I get older I find often I get woken by the urge to have a pee so I guess I could add a 3rd thing to the list: Don't drink too much before you go to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
      That said, as I get older I find often I get woken by the urge to have a pee
      Have you been tested for diabetes?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Insomnia is psychological, I would see a Psychiatrist I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          Can you recommend yours?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

already done...there's no hope - too many people rattling around this old head
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Can you recommend yours?
              I don't need one, given your admission in the last week I think you would have used one?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                already done...there's no hope - too many people rattling around this old head
                Pills then.

Comment

I don't need one, given your admission in the last week I think you would have used one?
                  Nah I have friends that I can talk to.

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Nah I have friends that I can talk to.
                    Well fellow CUK posters will be glad you think of them in that way.

Comment

Well fellow CUK posters will be glad you think of them in that way.
                      Well as I pointed out earlier in the thread, my life doesn't revolve around CUK, there are a few on here I call friends, I have met in real life, but unlike some posters who need the constant validation this place give I can walk away from the site if needs be.

Comment

Working...
                      X