• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things a contractor doesn't want to hear...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Welcome, this is your seat, this guy sitting next to you is Norman from Wilmslow"

Comment

We’ve decided to move all our systems and severs to Microsoft Windows because our director uses Windows on his laptop and he says it is easy to use.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Clientco: We'd like you to take over this failing project.

Norr: ok, can you get me the plans, budgets and business specs from the other project manager

Clientco: there aren't any

Norr:

( A true story folks)
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

"It's your round"
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Or from an agent at lunch:

"I have left my wallet at home"
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Clientco: We'd like you to take over this failing project.

Norr: ok, can you get me the plans, budgets and business specs from the other project manager

Clientco: there aren't any

Norr:

( A true story folks)
              Had a similar one, "can you write up the project plan for the one we completed last month?" (before I arrived at client co)
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

"Welcome to Accenture"

Comment

First off, I've scheduled your interview with HR for 11:00...
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X