• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Open letter to those who think that the word "Paki" is illegal.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So your open letter to those who think it's illegal, is to tell them they're right? Does your title have a typo or was that what you meant to say?
    Yes, the use of the word "Paki" in a football chant at a football match can be deemed as racist and therefore illegal in that situation according to the Football Offences Act 1991, as ruled by Lord Justice Auld.

Do try and keep up.

Comment

How many of us say Chinky for Chinese then? Or is that ok because it's a food as well?

Comment

We actually have two corner shops

The one owned by the Maltese sells expensive beer, squidgy onions and is never open when you run out of cans.
        The one owned by the people who originated from the land of Pakistan sells cheap ale, is open sixteen hours a day , has nice firm onions and smells delightfully of home made curry perfection.

In our house, we call them shoppe 1 and shoppe 2.. NOT

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Yes, the use of the word "Paki" in a football chant at a football match can be deemed as racist and therefore illegal in that situation according to the Football Offences Act 1991, as ruled by Lord Justice Auld.
          Yes, and?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            How many of us say Chinky for Chinese then? Or is that ok because it's a food as well?
            I thought that was just as bad. Go ask a Chinese person.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Yes, and?
              well, its a bit like driving a car without car insurance is illegal, but walking along the pavement without car insurance is ok.

Churchy was not posting from a footie terrace. i think
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Do try and keep up.
                In all my years of football attending inc the 70's and 80's I can't recall any chanting about 'pakis'.

Yids, Bindippers, Sheepshaggers, Anal Sex (Posh Spice), threatening severe violence, hospital treatment, trips in ambulances, Jocks, Taffs, queers, arsebandits and Referees, yes, but not Pakistarnians

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  In all my years of football attending inc the 70's and 80's I can't recall any chanting about 'pakis'.

Yids, Bindippers, Sheepshaggers, Anal Sex (Posh Spice), threatening severe violence, hospital treatment, trips in ambulances, Jocks, Taffs, queers, arsebandits and Referees, yes, but not Pakistarnians
                  BinDippers ??

I'll fckng deem you in a minute mate

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Remember the Major in Fawlty Towers?

I took her to see India! At the Oval! Funny thing she kept referring to them as N*gg*rs, I said no!, no!, these people aren't n*gg*s, that's the West Indians, these people are w*gs!!

I starred the bits out so that's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post

It is ridiculous people blast the BNP. I didn't vote for them last election (voted conservative), but I still read every parties manifesto before I vote, to make an informed vote. Nowhere in the BNP manifesto are there any racist slurs at all, they just want to limit migration to skillsets but so do many other parties.
                      Everyone knows manifestos aren't worth the paper they are written on - look at the 3 main parties as an example.

What matters to people is what you do if you get in power and have to represent people in an area regardless of what they look like or where their forefathers came from, and the BNP have shown that they can't cope with a little of it.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X