• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dog advice....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    King Charles Spaniel.

There are a few websites around which ask you for your lifestyle info and then suggest a dog for you - takes into account hours left alone, age of children amount of exercise you are willing to give it etc.
    With all due respect what the hell has a king charles spaniel got to do with protecting your home apart from delaying the burglary long enough for the intruder to kick the sodding thing in the air? Seriously Might as well have a toy poodle...

Choosing a Dog

Comment

Springer Spaniels are great allrounders and very cute. Just need the exercise again.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I just called CM - she says that she will swap Churchill for a box of nappies - just as soon as he gets back from Bridgwater.
        He'll be wrapped in the nappies by then.

Hungarian Vizsla. Lovely dog, great with kids, energetic, but not 'I must smell a thousand things' energetic that a Spaniel is, short haired, loves exercise. Very passive. We researched for a while until we came to this. I think quite an elegant dog too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
          He'll be wrapped in the nappies by then.

Hungarian Vizsla. Lovely dog, great with kids, energetic, but not 'I must smell a thousand things' energetic that a Spaniel is, short haired, loves exercise. Very passive. We researched for a while until we came to this. I think quite an elegant dog too.
          Good choice and big enough to keep your home free of unwanted guests.

Comment

Get a siberian husky or a chihuahua. I am told that Labs are great if you have kids. But I think you get one or other, a dog great with kids but useless as guard dog or a god good to make you feel secure but not good with kids.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

I'm wondering about a ... giant schnauzer..
              You're as bad as Churchill.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                Get a siberian husky or a chihuahua. I am told that Labs are great if you have kids. But I think you get one or other, a dog great with kids but useless as guard dog or a god good to make you feel secure but not good with kids.
                My uncle used to own Geese. Best Guard not dogs ever. Viscious bastards tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                  My uncle used to own Geese. Best Guard not dogs ever. Viscious bastards tho.
                  If you're going to go down that route, why not LLamas
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Schanauzers don't moult but personally think they are a bit ugly.
                    Same, but - they have really grown on me since looking into them actually.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                      If you're going to go down that route, why not LLamas
                      Alpacas too. You can farm them for their coat and for their meat too.

Might be missing the point here....

Comment

Working...
                      X