• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swiss firm to create 500 jobs in Edinburgh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    I work in Edinburgh a lot in banking related work, that's me set for the next decade!!
    Yeah but 250 a day?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Yeah but 250 a day?
      Considering what they are probably paying in Switzerland I reckon the rates will be half decent and still look like a bargain for them.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yeah but 250 a day?
        Nope try doubling that then taking off 200 and adding 50.

Comment

WRS but add another 50.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

That's too hard, I'm not sasguru!

Comment

I work in Edinburgh a lot in banking related work, that's me set for the next decade!!
              Isn't all banking work in Edinburgh now actually either public sector or supermarkets?
              "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Fill yer boots - did I mention my Edinburgh in apartment is available for a special monthly rental?

Swiss firm to create 500 jobs in Edinburgh - Management - Scotsman.com

Professional IT workers in London must be in short supply or something.
                One of the reasons they're coming up here must be that their first (and only?) UK client to date is RBS Coutts. I've worked at their offices in Zurich. Decent system... better make sure I mention that on my CV then!

Comment

Yeah but 250 a day?
                  There's plenty of high paying roles up here, but the rates are more widely spread. PM roles start at something stupid like 300, but there are plenty out there that go to London rates 700+. In my field, MI, I see roles from 250 to 500 which is more or less on par with London.

Comment

Working...
                  X