• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F1 - Let the season begin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I said small. As in small budget, small organisation.

Brawn and Red Bull have big budgets and 100+ staff.
    They were still tiny compared to the big teams, and Brawn was a privately owned team (I think).
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      They were still tiny compared to the big teams, and Brawn was a privately owned team (I think).
      Marussia are smallish, but not those other two. Red Bull is owned and financed by a billionaire and his company, and Brawn bought out and inherited the Honda team (who dropped out late), and stuck a Mercedes engine in their latest car. After one year they went the whole hog and became Mercedes.

I'm talking about the huge cost now, it's all big corporate and not a lot of soul. You need at least 50 million to start, plus another 50 million a year. The names of Hesketh, Penske and Wolf all disappeared from F1.

Comment

WHy bother - just hand that vettie chap the title and red cow the championship now. Save everyone from having a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and watch Minder instead.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Is W*nker Williams* still in it?

As he was so familiarly known several decades ago.
          Yep, they have a Senna racing for them again.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Wifey is nagging to get Sky Sports so she can watch it - don't really see the attraction in watching cars whizzing around a race track - I suggested the money would be better spent on a subscription to the Adult channels...didn't go down too well!
            You don't need Sky Sports if you don't want the rest of the sporty things, just Sky HD to get F1.

Oh hang on, it was the wife that wanted to watch the F1.

Comment

I refuse to give Bernie / Murdoch any money so I will be watching on sopcast or justin.tv.
              "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Wifey is nagging to get Sky Sports so she can watch it - don't really see the attraction in watching cars whizzing around a race track - I suggested the money would be better spent on a subscription to the Adult channels...didn't go down too well!
                Nah, don't get the adult channels either. They're rubbish in the UK. Stick to the internet, that's what it's there for.

Comment

the HD footage on sky looks immense,

Comment

Originally posted by thelurker View Post
                    the HD footage on sky looks immense,
                    Immensely expensive, you mean?

It was in HD last year on BBC...
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                    X