• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F1 - Let the season begin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a big F1 fan but I've lost quite a bit of enthusiasm probably due to Bernie's obsession with money.

Replacing traditional tracks with Scalectrix venues in deserts and uninterested but rich countries is part of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      I was a big F1 fan but I've lost quite a bit of enthusiasm probably due to Bernie's obsession with money.

Replacing traditional tracks with Scalectrix venues in deserts and uninterested but rich countries is part of that.
      I agree, 100%. I think a lot of people are slowly going off it. Still better than Indy, which I find contrived, but GP2 is cracking.

I am also losing interest in top gear.

Comment

Kimi on top gear was commenting on the crapness of some of the new tracks.

I kind of agree - some of the best tracks will always have elevation changes - it would seem lots of those do not.

Anyway think it will still be Vettel this year as much as I want Button and Hamilton to win

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          Look on the bright side Zeity, some of it's on Sky now.
          Wifey is nagging to get Sky Sports so she can watch it - don't really see the attraction in watching cars whizzing around a race track - I suggested the money would be better spent on a subscription to the Adult channels...didn't go down too well!
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Wifey ...didn't go down too well!
            Why? Did she use her teeth?
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              A satellite techy guy that I used to work with at my last perm role, has just landed himself a job with the Formula One circus as a broadcast engineer, travelling around from track to track. Probably a lot harder work than it sounds, but probably some awesomeness too.

I'm a MotoGP fan rather than F1. Excellent coverage on the BBC.
              RedGiant senior used to work for F1 Management and did a similar job - managing the telemetry/timekeeping systems. Bloody hard work and with traveling round every two weeks he was in a constant rush from place to place ... he managed it for two years and then jacked it in.

I'm going to miss the old BBC coverage ... i'll just check the highlights and/or watch it online.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                I agree, 100%. I think a lot of people are slowly going off it. Still better than Indy, which I find contrived, but GP2 is cracking.

I am also losing interest in top gear.
                I suppose what I miss is the small teams (especially privateers) being able to compete at the front, old circuits like Estoril, Österreichring (A1), and Paul Ricard, and the sheer petrol-headedness of it. Now it's clinical and sanitised. (Although I don't knock the vastly improved driver safety.)

Funny you should mention Top Gear. Last night they competed in cheap cars in a MotoCross meeting, and that reminded me what proper motor racing is supposed to be about.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  I suppose what I miss is the small teams (especially privateers) being able to compete at the front
                  You mean like Brawn GP and Red Bull?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    You mean like Brawn GP and Red Bull?
                    I said small. As in small budget, small organisation.

Brawn and Red Bull have big budgets and 100+ staff.

Comment

My money's on HRT making it around the track on several races this year

Testing was varied this year, it will be interesting to see who has been holding back on their cars performance when the race starts.

Will Hamilton be happy with his car this season?
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X