• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you were going to top yourself, what would be your preferred modus operandi?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Do it with a parachute?
    Of course!
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      This thread makes me feel glum
      Well the UK is in a depression and the gap between rich and poor ever greater, it was only a matter of time before the inhabitants turned to such topics.

What's wrong with dignities?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Ok you lot cheer up.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          I think I'd be too scared to do anything violent. Pills and booze.
          Haha that is the most violent and horrific way to die off your list.

ODing isn't fun at all, it is prolonged, violent and horrific. Best to get it over and done with quickly.

I would ask or feign concern if we liked each other, but there isn't any point since you have me on block.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I reckon take an overdose, slash your wrists, set yourself on fire, then leap off a tall building above some railway lines just before a train comes.

At least that way nobody could accuse you of only doing it as a cry for help.
            Anyone remember the story (urban myth?) about the French bloke, spurned in love, who decided to top himself?
            Standing on the edge of a cliff, tied a rope around his neck, drank a bottle of poison, threw himself off said cliff, then tried to blow his brains out with a gun.
            Missed his head, shot through the rope and fell into the sea. The shock off the cold water made him throw up the poison and he was rescued by the coastguard. He later died in hospital from hypothermia.

I think the best way to go though would be:
            - tie ropes of varying length to a bridge
            - tie equal lengths of cheesewire to the bridge
            - tie the ropes to your limbs
            - tie the cheesewire around your joints
            - jump.

Et voila.

Looks especially nice at Xmas, can give even dull, boring bridges a jolly festive feel.

Comment

Strap a bomb to my body and visit the offices of an investment bank.

It's not on the list ... but some of you might be.

Comment

I remember being told that we were all going to die from a hole in the ozone layer, so I tried to top myself by using loads of Brut.
                It didnt work, but the missus left me because I stunk like a gaylord, so that was ok.

Next I heard that acid rain was killing all the lakes, so I started swimming al fresco. It didnt work, but me willy shrivelled up so small that me second missus left me, so that was ok.

Then I heard that we were all going to die because of carbon. So I turned the thermostat up. It didnt work, but its so warm in the house that me new missus walks around in the nuddy with her bazongas whizzing around. so thats ok

maybe I should try drinking meself to death

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I choose pills and booze, its how I actually tried two years ago, its harder than it looks on TV.

(Now I bet that's a thread killer, excuse the pun)
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Eat tons of baked beans, onions, cabbage then stick a cork up your bottom and explode in a very public place.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

then stick a cork up your bottom and explode in a very public place
                      Any solution to anything that involves things up the bottom gets my vote.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X