• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hayes IT and references

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by privateeye
    its just an extra slant on an old trick that makes it seem more viable
    I feel so used....................

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
      mikejf,

This is perfectly normal and accepted practice.

Just supply the details they ask for. If you want to help he further and be proactive then send them details of anyone you know in IT that is in a hiring position.

HTH

MG

Very good Mrs G.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by chock
        I feel so used....................
        ..but wiser and ready to have fun when you get a chance for revenge

Comment

Hays IT

Had a contract through HAYES IT this time last year. 10 of us started around the same time, the 3 of us from HAYES IT were asked to supply references, before interview, we had all independently refused, and had supplied them after a job offer. The other 7 contractors, through various other agencies, were never asked by there agents at any stage to provide any references.

Draw your own conclusions.

I've had so many calls scamming for managers numbers over the years, I think the top 3 agent scammers chart current looks like this:-

at number 3

Hoxley Assoc.

at number 2

Fomputer Cutures

at for the 754th week in a row it's at number 1 it's......

Agressive

What is your top 3?
          “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Comment

Working...
          X