• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPad 3 out!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    What world is that, being an apple employee?, that will be the the only world where people use tablets rather than laptops or desktops in the office.
    I was going to rub your nose in how wrong and short-sighted you are, but I can't find a better way to do so than quote your own post.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      No it isn't. It's a handheld computer that happens to have phone capabilities built in.

Personally I hate telephones and never use them. Antiquated Victorian technology. I'd prefer it if telephony was abolished.
      Ditto. Something I read in a management book years ago greatly appealed to me: it recommended that phones shouldn't have a bell, but a flashing light instead.

The downside of that was that British Rail adopted that recommendation.for telephone enquiries, and you were lucky to get an answer.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It's a mobile phone with some computer capabilities build in.

HTH
        It probably has far more processing power than the computer you first worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          Add a keyboard, mouse and monitor and they'd be a lot more usefull
          STUNNING NEW APPLE DEVICES that will follow the iPad 3 HD!

"But it still wasn't right," reveals our source. "You've probably noticed that touchscreen text entry is, basically, crap. And reaching up to manipulate apps by touching the screen with fingers was still a major issue ergonomics-wise."

"Then it hit us," says our source. "The text-entry touchscreen could use a different kind of technology to the other one - and the main display panel didn't really need to be a touchscreen at all."
          Though I can't help thinking this was written as a First of April article which got released a bit early

Comment

Working...
          X