• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Protecting the true meaning of marriage.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    I thought the true meaning was for the wife to explore and find the breaking point of the husband. The exploration takes many forms on many aspects of the husbands life but it only finished when he is a sobbing mess in a corner of the cubbard under the staircase begging for "marriage counseling".
    That sums up my (now dissolved) marriage quite nicely!

Comment

Each to his own I reckon. Live and let live.

I reckon being gay is an advantage if you ask me. Think about it, assuming this is your sexual preference of course, you dont have to put up with annoying women ever.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I tend not to listen to people with imaginary friends anyway, so what they say is moot.

One thing I have to agree with, I forgot who posted it, but it really isn't homophobic to say you don't agree with it. I personally don't care less what people get up to, but I do think that there's some really sinister accusations sneaking in, which will effectively erode our freedom of speech, or of our freedom of expression. In as much a way as racism is abhorent, should we simply not allow people to air their views, just because we don't like them? I am acutely aware this free land we live in, aint that free any more.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Each to his own I reckon. Live and let live.

I reckon being gay is an advantage if you ask me. Think about it, assuming this is your sexual preference of course, you dont have to put up with annoying women ever.
          I used to date a woman who believed men and women simply weren't compatible. She was a bit of a kookoo, but good fun.

I stayed in touch after things inevitable went off the boil. But, eventually she did get married and they bought two semis next to each other, met when they wanted to, and didn't when they didn't want to; she felt men and women didn't really like each other, and each wantedd control over the other. Lost touch now, but wanted to know how it worked out.

I rather like the idea of having a flat somewhere on our land....

Comment

I'm confused. Gay people have always been able to marry. Elton John was married in the 80s.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I was hoping that the gays got something better than 'marriage', something that would change the current 'marriage contract' - to settle for the same is disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
                I was hoping that the gays got something better than 'marriage', something that would change the current 'marriage contract' - to settle for the same is disappointing.
                What could be better than marriage?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                  I tend not to listen to people with imaginary friends anyway, so what they say is moot.

One thing I have to agree with, I forgot who posted it, but it really isn't homophobic to say you don't agree with it. I personally don't care less what people get up to, but I do think that there's some really sinister accusations sneaking in, which will effectively erode our freedom of speech, or of our freedom of expression. In as much a way as racism is abhorent, should we simply not allow people to air their views, just because we don't like them? I am acutely aware this free land we live in, aint that free any more.
                  So you fully support the airing of the view that objecting to this is homophobic?

Comment

I reckon being gay is an advantage if you ask me. Think about it, assuming this is your sexual preference of course, you dont have to put up with annoying women ever
                    So much easier to get a bonk too, none of that expensive restaurant and trying to sound amusing/deep for hours.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Why not leave gay marriage as a civil matter and religious marriages for those who comply with whatever rules the religion concerned lays down. In fact there is a business opportunity to set up a "functional religion" whereby one can hire a church and have whatever ceremony one wants.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X