• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New media & homosexuality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    I don't think that's true.

If it was then there would be a few openly gay members of this forum. But I've never seen a post from anyone saying they've taken it up the bum or similar..
    I recall someone posting a few years ago that reading the comments on this board had stopped him coming out

Perhaps we need a Poll
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

If it was then there would be a few openly gay members of this forum. But I've never seen a post from anyone saying they've taken it up the bum or similar..
      We had HAB and both Halo and Jackers said "they would" to Dita.
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
        there is no stigma attached to being interested in the same sex these days.
        There definitely is, otherwise people wouldn't have to "come out". Maybe you're in London where it probably has the least stigma, or work in media, but otherwise it definitely is classed as "not the norm".

As to the OP... do you mean 'gay' like the schoolyard taunt, or actual homosexuality? Perhaps this might help you: "I have read your website and it is obviously that your a foggot."
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          There definitely is, otherwise people wouldn't have to "come out". Maybe you're in London where it probably has the least stigma, or work in media, but otherwise it definitely is classed as "not the norm".

As to the OP... do you mean 'gay' like the schoolyard taunt, or actual homosexuality? Perhaps this might help you: "I have read your website and it is obviously that your a foggot."
          There was a certain amount of sarcasm/irony in my original post.
          If there were no stigma to being gay then the original "its a little bit gay" would have no meaning or power.

It seems that there are 2 worlds. If you can live in the openly gay one then you have no problems, but if you inhabit the other world then you will face a lot of issues if you even hint you are gay.
          Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

There seems to be a bit of a worldwide backlash against gays at the mo. The Syrians being the most Draconian, they have identified a city full of them and they are levelling it with artillery even as we speak

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
              Anybody pissed on your shoes recently?

Do you drive Ford Focus?

Did your boss catch you posting tulip on CUK?

If the answers to the above is yes-yes-yes then you are probably Wilmslow.
              No, he was talking of AtW
              <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

If it was then there would be a few openly gay members of this forum. But I've never seen a post from anyone saying they've taken it up the bum.

CUK is (without necessarily intending to be) homophobic.
                I agree. There is obviously a stigma to taking it up the pooper. You only have to look at Bolshie Bastard and the BN66 thread. They're like sheep on a cliff edge with a welsh man approaching with his trousers down. We all know they're going to inch closer to the edge but eventually they're all going to get shafted.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                X