• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those Peace Loving, Tolerant, Pluralistic Muslims in Action

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    I'm sure you mean Winterval jumpers, ladymuck. Don't want to cause offence now, do we?
    My bad!

As an aside, if all these johnny foreigners are non-Christians why do they still shut up shop at Easter and Christmas? Is there a law that says they cannot trade?

Comment

This sort of thing never happens in moderate Islamic countries according to Fungus.

The plain fact is that anyone who sees Islam as a tolerant religion is living in a dream world.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
        This sort of thing never happens in moderate Islamic countries according to Fungus.

The plain fact is that anyone who sees Islam as a tolerant religion is living in a dream world.
        Is there such thing as a tolerant religion? That's an oxymoron.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I plan to write a book called 'The Constable code'
          Its about a new interpretation of 'The Haywain' and the plot is that Mohammed (pbuh) was a sheep sh@gger and that his decendants are around today , somewhere in Wales. A major plot line features the 'Holy Grill' which is a lamb-chop shaped receptacle which the prophet (pbuh) used to use to keep his lamb chop. The Holy Grill was lost for a while before it came into the hands of The Knights of the Simon Templar whose grand wizard is known today as the head of the Orange order or Ian Paisley.
          The knights fought a series of campaigns against 'The champions' before they were defeated in the last ratings war and they slipped quietly into history until the links that are contained in the painting were recognised for what they are. Many moslems will take offence at this untill they realise that it is a work of fiction and not based on fact at all. And so will my book be.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Very good, except you've given away the ending.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
              I plan to write a book called 'The Constable code'
              Its about a new interpretation of 'The Haywain' and the plot is that Mohammed (pbuh) was a sheep sh@gger and that his decendants are around today , somewhere in Wales.
              Surely you'll want to set this in New Zealand. Just thinking ahead for the film.

Comment

Here's a good example of Muslim behaviour

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4989034.stm

There were scenes of panic at the Council of State - the top administrative court - as the injured were carried out of the building.

The attacker, believed to be a lawyer, was detained by police and is being questioned but his motive is not clear.

One of the wounded judges had been criticised for ruling against teachers wearing Muslim headscarves.

Judge Mustafa Birden made headlines earlier this year when he ruled that schoolteachers, who are banned from wearing the Islamic headscarf at work, could not cover their heads even on their way to school.

.................................................. ............

The attacker was apparently carrying papers that identified him as a lawyer - though it is not known if these were genuine - and made it past security guards undetected.

He reportedly shouted "Allahu akbar" (God is great) as he fired his weapon.

Tansel Colasan, deputy head of the Council of State, said the attacker yelled "I am the soldier of God", and said he was carrying out the attack to protest against the court's decision on headscarves.

Fecking mad the lot of em.

Comment

Snaw seemed to be doing quite a lot of hand-wringing as well. He reckons there are people on this board who think it is reasonable to execute people who practice non-Christian religions.

Apparently it's all our fault anyway.

Comment

Lets look at some facts about "tolerant" Islam. Starting with this:

There are a number of countries where homosexuality is punishable by a sentence of 10 years or more including some Christian countries but those below are the only countries where homosexuality is punishable by death or life imprisonment. Those marked with x are members of the "Organization of the Islamic Conference"

Iran Death x
                    Mauritania Death x
                    Nigeria Death x
                    Pakistan Death x
                    Saudi Arabia Death x
                    Sudan Death x
                    United Arab Emirates Death x
                    Yemen Death x

Bangladesh Life Imprisonment x
                    Bhutan Life Imprisonment
                    Guyana Life Imprisonment x
                    India Life Imprisonment
                    Maldives Life Imprisonment x
                    Nepal Life Imprisonment
                    Singapore Life Imprisonment
                    Uganda Life Imprisonment x
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lets look at some facts about "tolerant" Islam. Starting with this:

There are a number of countries where homosexuality is punishable by a sentence of 10 years or more including some Christian countries but those below are the only countries where homosexuality is punishable by death or life imprisonment. Those marked with x are members of the "Organization of the Islamic Conference"

Iran Death x
                      Mauritania Death x
                      Nigeria Death x
                      Pakistan Death x
                      Saudi Arabia Death x
                      Sudan Death x
                      United Arab Emirates Death x
                      Yemen Death x

Bangladesh Life Imprisonment x
                      Bhutan Life Imprisonment
                      Guyana Life Imprisonment x
                      India Life Imprisonment
                      Maldives Life Imprisonment x
                      Nepal Life Imprisonment
                      Singapore Life Imprisonment
                      Uganda Life Imprisonment x
                      Why would you send someone who's gay to prison? it's like sending a drug addict to work in a chemists for his community service
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X