• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    No, because people who buy this contraption are already either Linux g33ks or the cheapest people on the Planet or both.

HTH

Comment

Confusion over how much testing Raspberry Pi computers need has caused fresh delivery delays.

UK suppliers of the Raspberry Pi machines are only willing to send out the gadgets once they have undergone electromagnetic testing.

Before now Raspberry Pi's creators believed it did not need these checks because it was a "development device".

Linky

Enough already! Just ship me my new toy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Confusion over how much testing Raspberry Pi computers need has caused fresh delivery delays.

UK suppliers of the Raspberry Pi machines are only willing to send out the gadgets once they have undergone electromagnetic testing.

Before now Raspberry Pi's creators believed it did not need these checks because it was a "development device".

Linky

Enough already! Just ship me my new toy.
        That's what happens when you get Farnell and RS involved.

Not happy.

Comment

Not heard a dickie from either of them. You?

Comment

I got an email saying there would be an update on the website, that's it.
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

So close.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Not heard a dickie from either of them.
                Me neither

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  I got an email saying there would be an update on the website, that's it.
                  Similar...

Comment

I've heard the price is going up.....

....since the govt thinks they are hot raspberry pies.

Comment

Wooohoooo, an email from Farnell Uk

Dear Chef,

Great news!

You can now order your Raspberry Pi by clicking on the link below. Thanks for staying patient with us.

The wait for Pi is (nearly) over

The Pi began its journey as a crowdsourced community project. Given the volumes involved and the demographic mix of likely users, the development board exemption on compliance testing is not applicable. As a result, even the first uncased developer units of Raspberry Pi will require a CE (compliance tested) mark prior to distribution in the EU.

We're supporting the Raspberry Pi Foundation in doing everything possible to bring the Pi to the world as quickly as possible, and minimise any further delay.
                      (Find out more here.)

At this time orders will continue to be kept to one per person, to ensure the products get into the right hands.

Simply click on the link below to place your order...
                      I've ordered mine.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for ordering via the Farnell web site.
                      Your order has been given the following Farnell reference number:
                      Last edited by chef; 30 March 2012, 13:10.
                      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X