• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First impressions Spod?

The connections are a bit tight but the thing seems well enough built that you don't worry too much about yanking out the usb cables.

Midori seems a bit flaky IMHO.

I've got LAMP running on mine at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      First impressions Spod?

The connections are a bit tight but the thing seems well enough built that you don't worry too much about yanking out the usb cables.

Midori seems a bit flaky IMHO.

I've got LAMP running on mine at the mo.
      Yep, the USB connections are quite snug.

I've only tried the Debian distro so far. Will have a look at the others over the weekend.

It really is screaming out for a case. I'm still thinking about fitting mine inside a USB keyboard and using cable extenders to move the connectors to the edge of the keyboard and save on wear and tear.

I need to get artistic with a Dremel - first though I need to buy a Dremel

Also, in the short time I've played with it I've powered it from the USB port on my PC. According to the documentation, that's a "No No"...

Oh well.
      Last edited by SupremeSpod; 11 May 2012, 11:14.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        I need to get artistic with a Dremel - first though I need to buy a Dremel
        Proxxon. You can tell as soon as you pick one up it's better made.

Buy Proxxon IB/E Professional Drill/Grinder from Axminster, fast delivery for the UK

Buy Proxxon FBS 240/E Precision Drill/Grinder Multi-Tool from Axminster, fast delivery for the UK
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

Also, in the short time I've played with it I've powered it from the USB port on my PC. According to the documentation, that's a "No No"...

Oh well.
          Really?

Mines sat in a plastic takeaway box with holes I cut with a stanley knife

Ethernet in one end and mobile phone charger out the other.

Comment

Cheers!

What's really needed is some serious documentation for the Pi. The butchered datasheet provided by Broadcom doesn't cut it.

Comment

Finally, got my order code from RS this morning so paid up and now have to wait 3 weeks.

Ordered the extra components I need to build the interface as it will be a sampler / synth / FX unit and all the gubbins installed inside an electric guitar body which I have built. Plug yer guitar into an amp and a monitor to change paramaters and make noise.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Got my order code !!
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  Finally, got my order code from RS this morning so paid up and now have to wait 3 weeks.

Ordered the extra components I need to build the interface as it will be a sampler / synth / FX unit and all the gubbins installed inside an electric guitar body which I have built. Plug yer guitar into an amp and a monitor to change paramaters and make noise.
                  Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  Got my order code !!
                  Congrats!

Comment

Is it the Pi that will fit nicely in a fag packet? If so, could you also use something like an empty Altoids tin?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Mine just arrived, 5 minutes after I got the email from RS saying it was on its way
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X