• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm no fan of the EDL but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's because he's talking out of his 'arris.

If he does come up with a link it will be about the Notting Carnival or some car boot sale. Of course he won't post a link at all because when cornered 'The Fitz' turns tail and hides in it's bUrrow before sticking it's whiskered beak out later on something else.
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 27 February 2012, 17:26.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I have noticed that.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        It is a bit harsh, but do knuckle dragging gorilla's have human rights?
        Im sorry to say this as I quite like a lot of what you say and you're one of the better posters on CUK, but what makes someone come out with a passive aggressive racist comment like that? However I'll refrain from neg rep as that wouldnt be fair.

EDL, BNP, UKIP, English Democrats, etc etc, have never said "let's burn all chocolate coloured people just because we dont like their colour". Never has that been said or printed in their manifestos.

They raise real concerns. The EDL quite rightly feel that other nationalities such as some muslims, attempting to integrate in our society, shouldnt be going around:
        - calling British people disgusting and saying how christians should be cleansed/killed
        - they shouldnt be handing out flyers on the street saying death to homosexuals by stoning
        - they shouldnt be envoking their own laws to justify murder under our culture
        - they shouldnt be enforcing their own cuisine on us. They can share theirs, but they should not be allowed to take away our traditional cuisine

Some muslims are extremely hateful. Some live here in peace. The hateful ones have been protected and allowed to preach hate and that isnt seen as racist. Yet go and use a derogatory term for a black person and you will end up in jail and then court. Racism works both ways. In many areas, white british people are in the minority and persecuted by asylum seekers and foreign nationals attempting to settle. Why should racism towards British people, a.k.a. positive discrimination be accepted and why on earth are you promoting it?

All they expect, is people living in this country to respect our own culture and instead of trying to replicate their own countries within the UK, join our culture. They dont have to lose their identity doing so.

Let me put this to you another way. When I visit somewhere or even if I went to live somewhere, I would respect their culture, for instance:
        - When visiting greece, I wouldnt put my feet up, or do any other disrespectful things.
        - If I go to spain, I try to speak spanish (instead of some UK immigrants that refuse to learn english). I observe the local customs and enjoy the food.
        - When a colleague of mine (who isnt a member of right wing parties, but is far less tolerant of multiculturalism than I) goes to his home in turkey, he speaks turkish, he observes their faith and washes his feet/goes barefoot as requested, etc.

The same MUST be done by others visiting or wishing to live in the UK. If you wish to live in or visit the UK, accept our laws, at least try to enjoy our cuisine, speak our language and enjoy our freedoms as well as restrictions.

That is all these groups are asking for and I dont believe that to be unreasonable at all. This is Britain, dont like it? Then don't come here in the first place, end of.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
          Im sorry to say this as I quite like a lot of what you say and you're one of the better posters on CUK, but what makes someone come out with a passive aggressive racist comment like that? However I'll refrain from neg rep as that wouldnt be fair.

EDL, BNP, UKIP, English Democrats, etc etc, have never said "let's burn all chocolate coloured people just because we dont like their colour". Never has that been said or printed in their manifestos.

They raise real concerns. The EDL quite rightly feel that other nationalities such as some muslims, attempting to integrate in our society, shouldnt be going around:
          - calling British people disgusting and saying how christians should be cleansed/killed
          - they shouldnt be handing out flyers on the street saying death to homosexuals by stoning
          - they shouldnt be envoking their own laws to justify murder under our culture
          - they shouldnt be enforcing their own cuisine on us. They can share theirs, but they should not be allowed to take away our traditional cuisine

Some muslims are extremely hateful. Some live here in peace. The hateful ones have been protected and allowed to preach hate and that isnt seen as racist. Yet go and use a derogatory term for a black person and you will end up in jail and then court. Racism works both ways. In many areas, white british people are in the minority and persecuted by asylum seekers and foreign nationals attempting to settle. Why should racism towards British people, a.k.a. positive discrimination be accepted and why on earth are you promoting it?

All they expect, is people living in this country to respect our own culture and instead of trying to replicate their own countries within the UK, join our culture. They dont have to lose their identity doing so.

Let me put this to you another way. When I visit somewhere or even if I went to live somewhere, I would respect their culture, for instance:
          - When visiting greece, I wouldnt put my feet up, or do any other disrespectful things.
          - If I go to spain, I try to speak spanish (instead of some UK immigrants that refuse to learn english). I observe the local customs and enjoy the food.
          - When a colleague of mine (who isnt a member of right wing parties, but is far less tolerant of multiculturalism than I) goes to his home in turkey, he speaks turkish, he observes their faith and washes his feet/goes barefoot as requested, etc.

The same MUST be done by others visiting or wishing to live in the UK. If you wish to live in or visit the UK, accept our laws, at least try to enjoy our cuisine, speak our language and enjoy our freedoms as well as restrictions.

That is all these groups are asking for and I dont believe that to be unreasonable at all. This is Britain, dont like it? Then don't come here in the first place, end of.
          WHS - I agree with wim121 a lot, so either he's my sockie, I'm his sockie, or we are mutual (without the masturbation) sockies....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            WHS - I agree with wim121 a lot, so either he's my sockie, I'm his sockie, or we are mutual (without the masturbation) sockies....

Comment

Working...
            X