• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax avoiders are rich bar stewards who should not be allowed to vote....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So we spread it over the three years

WatwS

Again, perfectly legal - but it is something that an employee or a temp would not be able to do. If your PAYE earnings drop from higher rate to standard rate from one year to the next, you can't claim a refund of 40% tax paid.

This is blant wholesale tax avoidance. Fine if you want to do it, but given his past comments on tax avoiders

Comment

Perhaps Labour party should kick out any party member who has combined wealth over £100k or being a director/shareholder.
      Last edited by AtW; 26 February 2012, 16:01.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Perhaps Labour party should kick out any party member who has combined wealth over £100k or being a director/shareholder.
        Maybe you should stop whinging and get some bloody work done!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Maybe you should stop whinging and get some bloody work done!
          WHS

Comment

Originally posted by neil987 View Post
            I can understand how he works for a variety of employers and there is no control etc but how does this system work for others like BBC presenters and footballers? They seem to work mainly for a single employer and do exactly as Mr Ferguson and other managers dictate and are often fined "2weeks wages"?
            Surely these are disguised employees and the tax aboidance schemes used by Rangers amongst others to avoid tax should be declared inappropriate for such people.
            As I understand it most footballers aren't disguised employees. They are PAYE employees on a fixed-term contract, in which case IR35 (for instance) would not apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              As I understand it most footballers aren't disguised employees. They are PAYE employees on a fixed-term contract, in which case IR35 (for instance) would not apply.
              AIUI - for their football playing. For personal appearances & merchandise its likely to be Ltd.

Ken unfortunately has form for lying where it is convenient personally. If he hadn't said anything about tax avoiding then it would have hardly caused a ripple.

Anyway who wants to listen to the Newt worrier talk?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                AIUI - for their football playing. For personal appearances & merchandise its likely to be Ltd.
                They have many different clients for that income. They could never be accused of being disguised employees of a village fete one day and of a sponsor's lunch the next. IR35 doesn't apply.

Comment

Originally posted by neil987 View Post
                  I can understand how he works for a variety of employers and there is no control etc but how does this system work for others like BBC presenters and footballers? They seem to work mainly for a single employer and do exactly as Mr Ferguson and other managers dictate and are often fined "2weeks wages"?
                  Surely these are disguised employees and the tax aboidance schemes used by Rangers amongst others to avoid tax should be declared inappropriate for such people.
                  With sports stars the main salary is subject to PAYE etc, but image rights and sponsorships etc will go through the LtdCo
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I didn't actually proffer an opinion. Image rights via ltd for sportsmen seems sensible to me, if they were an employee however the employer normally owns such things as they would see them as part of the service. Because of their value however they have negotiated a better deal.

The Odious Newt however did display an astounding hypocrisy and deserves everything he gets.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X