• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Could vegetarians eat a 'test tube' burger?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The test-tube burger would be made from stem cells taken from a cow. So a vegan couldn't eat it - animal product. A vegetarian might be able to, depending on their sect.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I had a load of good friends over to my house for a weekend of frivolities. We had a great time together and as host, I subjected them to some fine home cooking that even the wonderfully Michelin starred norrahe would be proud of.

However, there were two veggies and the concept of the the famous hyperD Cooked English Breakfast would make the aforementioned a trifled hot under the collar.

Sneakily, I had researched beforehand a great way to make veggie bacon [all power to t'interweb Googily thing]. Using my chefs set of samurai Global knifes, I finely sliced pieces of tofu into rasher shapes and marinated them in maple syrup and salt for 48 hours and slow baked them until crispy.

Not a word of complaint was uttered as the meaties and the veggies delved into the mornings cuisinary delights.

Imagine, to my utter chagrin, when I'd realised I'd got the orders the wrong way round...
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        In theory I would have no problem with that, and indeed have been wavering recently as I'm bringing up a very carnivorous teenager. In practice, after several decades of vegetarianism, its become a habit. And there are other issues around resource usage and health. Also, after you stop eating meat, the bacteria in your gut that digest it tend to die off so if you start again suddenly you're liable to get severe indigestion. Lentil flatulence is bad enough ...
        I might give that a try. No, not veggiedom, but eating lentils just to experience the farts.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          Imagine, to my utter chagrin, when I'd realised I'd got the orders the wrong way round...
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I might give that a try. No, not veggiedom, but eating lentils just to experience the farts.
            I like Puy lentils.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
            X