• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heart breaking story in the Daily Wail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Tell me, to which of these kids would you apply the term 'almost adulthood'? ...
    Fair point - I only glanced at the picture, and noticed the tall girl next to the mother.

Hmm, well the point I made would still apply if all the kids had been teenagers.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

What they did was exactly what the government in power at the time was doing unabashedly and encouraging the masses also to do so. It was all false wealth and an illusion but it made the muppets feel very wealthy and happy and kept voting them back into power.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I think this is a tale of the decadence that really defines the current economic problems in Europe and North America. The same decadence in buying a great big house in a smart area AND sending 4 kids to private school AND spending 90k doing up the house instead of taking some time over it AND doing it all on borrowed money, is the decadence of western governments who thought they could pay out pensions to everyone at 65 without reforming the system AND pay out pensions to public employees who are less than 65 AND rob the pension funds (I know that happened in Britain and it happened in Holland to the tune of 32 billion euros too) AND pay out benefits AND build milennium gnomes AND build useless health service IT systems AND fight wars in the middle east AND rescue banks, while borrowing gazillions of pounds/dollars/euros/groats all along.

It truly is decadent to think that your toughest financial choice is whether to send the kids to private school or buy a big smart house. There are hundreds of millions, perhaps a billion or two people in the world for whom a tough financial decision is which one of the kids will be sent to the local school while the others are sent to a sweatshop to spend 14 hours a day stitching together designer handbags for western women who spend their days eating lunch in high street gastropubs or shagging their personal trainer while their husband is having a large business dinner at 'work'.

Astonishing levels of decadence; it would perhaps be a good thing if all western children were to be sent to the arse end of Africa, Asia or Latin America to work and live with families who have to make the really hard choices, for 4 weeks before they finish their schooling to get a reality check before they become greedy adults who want everything but don't want to pay for it.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

To make it worse, the same bint wrote this;

I couldn't survive without my live-in housekeeper | Mail Online

FFS woman, sort your life out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            They really wanted everything. 4 kids, send them to private school AND live in a big smart detached house. You need a huge income to do that, and you need some security of income. Most huge incomes come with a high degree of uncertainty because they tend to involve self employment with all the risks that go with it, or bonusses which can be big one year and then dry up altogether the next. Alternatively, you need to have saved a lot of money or inherited a large sum. Or even better, inherit the house.

Really, I don't get what's so difficult about making choices with money. If I buy another new racing bike it'll cost me 1000 euros for the one I want. That's fine, but I shouldn't then use my credit card to go off to some smart place for the weekend with Lady Tester, costing me another 1000 euros. I also have to consider that I need to find a new contract, so best not to eat up the reserves too quickly. Simple choices and setting priorities; get the new contract, bump up the reserves back to where they were (plus a little bit more), and then buy the new bike or go for a weekend away.

What is so difficult about this?
            You look to be overqualified to be put up for a gig at the Treasury
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              You look to be overqualified to be put up for a gig at the Treasury

Comment

Unless I missed something, I don't see why the house price crash forced their sale. So long as they could afford the payments, who cares what the house was worth. Buying at the top of the market and selling at the bottom is pretty stupid by any standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Unless I missed something, I don't see why the house price crash forced their sale. So long as they could afford the payments, who cares what the house was worth. Buying at the top of the market and selling at the bottom is pretty stupid by any standard.

Dunno, 'events beyond their control' as she said.

But look at this;

We do, at least, have a roof over our heads and the upside of renting is that, when it leaks, somebody else pays to fix it. But the stark reality is that we are also stuck with no hope of getting even a big toe back on the rung of that property ladder.
                  Perhaps it's a good thing that they'll never get back on the 'property ladder'. They seem to have a talent for throwing themselves off it.

Comment

"For a family with four children (Flo, 13, Annie, 11, Monty, nine, and two-year-old Dolly) living in the South-East it’s a minimum £450,000 for a four-bedroom house (we need five but I don’t want to sound fussy)."

muppets

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      I'm crying buckets of tears reading this tale of woe....
                      Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      For once I agree with you. What a bunch of stupid muppets. Deserve everything that happened to them.
                      What a pair of tulips you both are, to enjoy others' misery so.

Classic indicators of hollow unfulfilled lives.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X