• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tesco job advert protest closes store in Westminster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this initiative is enough even to get CUK questioning whether the unemployed aren't chavs and untermench, imagine how popular it must to the wider electorate. I gather a few companies have dropped out of the scheme, e.g. PoundLand.

Comment

There's a doleite in our street.
      I couldnt believe my eyes yesterday, he was walking down the road and he smiled. The cheeky fcker actually smiled.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

why?

Applicant - I have been out of work for 12 months, just done 3 months working for tesco but they haven't got any long term jobs, got a great reference though.

Interviewer - great you are better than the guy who was just in he hasn't worked for 6 months.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Applicant - I have been out of work for 12 months, just done 3 months working for tesco but they haven't got any long term jobs, got a great reference though.

Interviewer - great you are better than the guy who was just in he hasn't worked for 6 months.
          Exactly, glad someone else gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            For each job Tesco fills with much lower cost "lazy benefit scroungers" they will cut real job on already minimum wage salary and that person would sign on benefits.

Basically the whole objective of this scam (and I can't call it anything else) is to provide cheaper labour that does not even get paid minimum wage to big companies like Tesco.
            Got it in one ATW, at least someone can see this scheme for what it is.

Why would anyone take on paid staff when they can get the same slaves for free? This country seems to be undergoing a change to Victorian values, and not the good ones.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
              Exactly, glad someone else gets it.
              There is nothing to get as these schemes aren't work, they are slave labour.

I fully expect people who are unemployed to pull their finger out and do something but that doesn't include working for a large retailer stacking shelves and not being paid the minimum wage for it.

The entire point of Tesco using this scheme is to undercut the minimum wage and increase their profits.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

In this case it is about just that. Hence the indignation from all sides.

Just as Amy Winehouse was a crack head so Cliff should be one as well?

Check the baby in your bathwater.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tesco to face more 'occupy' protests in unpaid jobs row

Tesco to face more 'occupy' protests in unpaid jobs row - Telegraph
                  <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Funny how its Tesco that jumped on this and not Rolls Royce or KPMG.

Still, not quite as bad as the yanks: Newt Gingrich's child labor plan cleans up | Ana Marie Cox | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      For each job Tesco fills with much lower cost "lazy benefit scroungers" they will cut real job on already minimum wage salary and that person would sign on benefits.

Basically the whole objective of this scam (and I can't call it anything else) is to provide cheaper labour that does not even get paid minimum wage to big companies like Tesco.
                      The real question we should be asking ourselves is this:

Will Tesco share price rise or fall and how much money can I make on the deal?

Apart from that, WGAS.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Working...
                      X