• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montréal, QC, Canada

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    All people at home do is complain the opportunities never come through for them.

Then I learn they've never got off their backside to look.
    If you spoke to people around you could possibly make some friends and not need to move to a different country every other year.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      If you spoke to people around you could possibly make some friends and not need to move to a different country every other year.
      Life is too short to stay confined to the one country, one mindset.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Life is too short to stay confined to the one country, one mindset.
        The truth hurts doesn't it.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          The truth hurts doesn't it.
          Yeah, took me 22 years to realise that the first time round.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Any here worked there before?

Just had an interesting chat with a potential client waving big carrot in my face. My, the Mrs and mini all paid for.

What's the catch?
            any french you think you can speak is no good there. they use the same words but it sounds nothing like what you're used to. in the centre everyone can speak english but the language is openly hated elsewhere.

make sure membership to club supersexe is included in the contract.

Comment

Any here worked there before?

Just had an interesting chat with a potential client waving big carrot in my face. My, the Mrs and mini all paid for.

What's the catch?
              The catch is that when they find out out what a useless twunt you are which generally seems to happen about the 9 month mark, you'll have to shift your poor family to yet another country where none of you have any mates or roots.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                you'll have to shift your poor family to yet another country where none of you have any mates or roots.
                Fishing the dark?

Comment

Fishing the dark?
                  Yet another boring night in Munich eh?

I'm off out to my local in half an hour where much mirth and merriment will be had.

I do feel sorry for you but then like most of the twunts on here you deserve it.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Will not make that mistake again, London is just overpriced, smelly, outdated hype.
                    You've claimed that your expenses were fully paid - staying in a hotel near Heathrow is hardly #1 choice in this case

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      You've claimed that your expenses were fully paid - staying in a hotel near Heathrow is hardly #1 choice in this case
                      I agree but it's London, if I believe the TV, the streets are paved with diamonds, champagne flows from the taps - you expect by the airport £165 per night.

Comment

Working...
                      X