• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montréal, QC, Canada

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    you expect by the airport £165 per night.
    People who stay in hotel near airport don't have choice, that's why price is high and quality is tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      People who stay in hotel near airport don't have choice, that's why price is high and quality is tulip.
      100% disagree.

Last I was in Dubai the massage was complimentary at the airport hotel, £85 if I recall for the night. Almost half the LHR sheethole.

It's incredible now that I think about it.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Last I was in Dubai the massage was complimentary at the airport hotel, £85 if I recall for the night. Almost half the LHR sheethole.
        Dubai is super rich and it's whole territory size is 4,114 km2 (1,588 sq mi).

That's just 3 times more than London (1,570 km2 (607 sq mi)).

That and their wealth paid every time we refuel our cars make it easy to have good hotels near airports.

Comment

Dubai is super rich and it's whole territory size is 4,114 km2 (1,588 sq mi).

That's just 3 times more than London (1,570 km2 (607 sq mi)).

That and their wealth paid every time we refuel our cars make it easy to have good hotels near airports.
          I've seen the bonuses, London is super richer.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I worked in Montreal and loved it.
            Would go back in a flash.

Google Wandas Montreal.
            Used to drink in McKibben's and Curley's Irish pubs.
            Great gardens and parks around the city.
            The best bit is the tunnel network you can use when the snow comes down; -seriously.

Never had a problem with the 'language police' unlike the local businesses.
            One guy in a pub once pulled me up for speaking English in Quebec so I explained that I came from Northern Ireland and didn't often get the chance to practise my schoolboy french. He wasn't having it so I asked ( in the relevent languages) if he spoke Irish, German, Japanese. I think I upset him when I asked him "tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh’a’" so we resorted to fisticuffs.

There are still great British remnants of Empire around the city.
            I tend to walk around cities when I'm working away from home and walked all over Montreal. I remember walking down one street and suddenly found myself in as close a reproduction of Horseguards Parade as I've seen anywhere.

The Old town is great. Stash Cafe Polish restaurant, the Keg steaks.

I was surprised by the number of surprisling young beggars though.
            One openly requesting funds for 'Marijuana research'.

Comment

I've seen the bonuses, London is super richer.
              In Dubai bonuses bigger it's just a lot less people get 'em.

Comment

In Dubai bonuses bigger it's just a lot less people get 'em.
                Hello AtW, meet Edwina and Mr incredulity.

Comment

Working...
                X