• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

new contracting direct website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Edit: I've just had a brilliant idea for a website where people can post short pointless messages to each other. Any backers/investors?
    I like it. We need a snappy name. What about "twatter"?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by mcBontempi View Post
      thanks for your advice, ill be hopefully putting some sort of search/ filter functionality in when i have enough c.v's in the system.
      not sure how i am going to do the user accounts / c.v. maintenance bit. as you have all probably noticed, the site is completely static at the moment. and im going to keep it that way until it becomes a time consuming problem forwarding requests etc (if its a problem, its a good problem) then i will invest the time writing the whole back end.
      I do think that my main problem is going to be taking the old cv's down when the candidate is taken off the market.
      I do agree with a lot of whats been said about throwing something together, doesnt create a good impression. but there is always the argument of failing fast. I dont want to really invest more than a days energy in something that has no hope. i have had some positive interest, enough to make me think the whole idea isnt a complete waste of time. So im happy with that, and will possibly add some of the c.vs i have (time consuming at the moment)

Also a lot of the feedback ive had from you guys has been taken on board, so thanks for the time and effort.

Ive put my ltd company on now, dont know where the other one came from, think it was auto generated from the wizard.
      FOR F*CKS SAKE!!! USE SOME PUNCTUATION!

You come across as a bumbling amateur at best and a complete retard at worst!

For that reason (and the fact that I'm a permy), I'm out!

Comment

Working...
      X