• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QE puts UK in 'better position than Germany'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Debts? What are those?
    Why do you think I recently bought a holiday home in Portugal?
    I have very little savings in a savings account - diversification is the name of the game.
    If you have central london property then great. Otherwise I believe your assets are going to start depreciating in real terms. Sir Merv is storing up inflation. You have to admit - atw is right. Sir Merv has to do something other than QE.

I can't see a holiday home in Portugal doing well. Personally I would have waited until after Portugal leaves the Euro.

Comment

I'm reasonably sure from your posts that you're no rocket scientist
      So now you are saying that you are a rocket scientist?

I suppose it's a good analogy because only in a vacuum people won't smell BS coming from your big mouth

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        They were not given responsibilty to adjust interest rates to keep house prices down.
        He could have resigned very publicly, but he'd chosen to go along with it. His complicity in printing money that the Govt wants is a sure sign that he was as complicit with the supposedly other Labour Govt in the past.

I also maintain that he could have kept rates higher - at no point during last decade inflation (even as measured by Govt) was close to 0, so he could have done something about it, but instead he chose to go with the flow to his nice inflation busting pension pot measured in many millions.

Comment

As for my jobs contract or otherwise I'm betting I consistently earn more than you, since I'm reasonably sure from your posts that you're no rocket scientist
          Since when has intelligence correlated with earning power?

I remember our careers master told us he once told a boy he was stupid and would go nowhere. He turned up 5 years in a jag to wave two fingers at him - he had earned a fortune in the scrap metal business.

Personally I am only worried about what I earn and that I can provide for my kids. Whether those on here earn more or les than me is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            He could have resigned very publicly, but he'd chosen to go along with it. His complicity in printing money that the Govt wants is a sure sign that he was as complicit with the supposedly other Labour Govt in the past.

I also maintain that he could have kept rates higher - at no point during last decade inflation (even as measured by Govt) was close to 0, so he could have done something about it, but instead he chose to go with the flow to his nice inflation busting pension pot measured in many millions.
            Feck me AtW, I give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Feck me AtW, I give up.

All I am saying that he could have done far more than he did, even though most likely that would have cost him his cushy job in BoE and he would only be addressed as Sir in some shops.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I think in case of sasguru such correlation is very strong indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  So now you are saying that you are a rocket scientist?
                  Relative to cretins like you and DP, yes.
                  HTH
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

You're right. Perhaps DP owes his massive fortune to his string of kebab shops.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Relative to cretins like you and DP, yes.
                      HTH
                      I suppose you've made your money growing rocket:

I guess it grows well on your fertile ground in Wandsworth.

What was the sell price - £1 for a bunch?

Any mods bored enough to change sasguru's title to "Rocket Planter"? tia

Comment

Working...
                      X