• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QE puts UK in 'better position than Germany'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes and he's doing a good job staving off depression, in spite of what poorly educated cretins like you think.
    I think everyone here believes he is doing a great job at staving off depression. Who said otherwise? What goes you the right to put words into our mouthes?

You may well find an objection to the fact he has consistently underestimated inflation. And he is sacrificing those who have retired or saved to rescue the profligate. You profess to be very rich and have lots of savings. I think your real position is clear by your posts - you want hyper-inflation to reduce your debts. How do you plead Sir?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I think everyone here believes he is doing a great job at staving off depression.
      Speak for yourself.

He'd be doing a good job if he could avoid easy solutions like printing money - say ECB is far more professional but then again they feel their responsibility of managing the world second reserve currency.

Sir Merv did NOT do a good job at the time when he should have (inflation in houses was unchecked due to him not willing to increase rates), he should have been fired long time ago for failing to do his main job: keep general inflation under control.

His excuses for printing more money become more and more laughable:

Britain's extreme QE is dangerously counter-productive - Telegraph

When european debacle finishes the dirty spekulants will turn their attention to UK.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Speak for yourself.

He'd be doing a good job if he could avoid easy solutions like printing money - say ECB is far more professional but then again they feel their responsibility of managing the world second reserve currency.
        Do you have a better solution?

Read my post and you will see we are saying the same thing. I find it quite astonishing that both sasguru and you want to twist my words and tell me what I am saying. FFS - I think I will go back to the counting thread where I get more sense than you muppets.

Comment

I think everyone here believes he is doing a great job at staving off depression. Who said otherwise? What goes you the right to put words into our mouthes?

You may well find an objection to the fact he has consistently underestimated inflation. And he is sacrificing those who have retired or saved to rescue the profligate. You profess to be very rich and have lots of savings. I think your real position is clear by your posts - you want hyper-inflation to reduce your debts. How do you plead Sir?
          Nail on head.

If you research the alleged millionaire sasguru you will find a few years ago he was bemoaning his huge mortgage debt and poorly paid admin job. Then suddenly he reinvented himself as this high powered exec with masses of money and no debts.

Sad really.

Comment

Debts? What are those?
            Why do you think I recently bought a holiday home in Portugal?
            I have very little savings in a savings account - diversification is the name of the game.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Do you have a better solution?

Read my post and you will see we are saying the same thing. I find it quite astonishing that both sasguru and you want to twist my words and tell me what I am saying. FFS - I think I will go back to the counting thread where I get more sense than you muppets.
              You have mental health issues, clearly. See a professional.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I find it quite astonishing that both sasguru and you want to twist my words and tell me what I am saying.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  You must be joking.

BoE was responsible for setting up interest rates - nothing stopped Sir Merv to increase them when rampart house price inflation was taking place to moderate demand and prevent bubble from forming up.

He may not have been able to stop banks buying up "Triple AAA" rated subprime tulip but he sure as heck had all the tools necessary to avoid house price boom in this country.

To do that he only needed to be:
                  a) truly independent
                  b) place long term interests of the country higher than his own
                  FFS AtW.

You must know all this but you've obviously forgotten.

The government took away a lot of BoE's responsibilities for supervising financial institutions, leaving the BoE with the responsibility of setting interest rates to keep inflation, measured as defined by the goverment, within a certain band. They were not given responsibilty to adjust interest rates to keep house prices down.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Nail on head.

If you research the alleged millionaire sasguru you will find a few years ago he was bemoaning his huge mortgage debt and poorly paid admin job. Then suddenly he reinvented himself as this high powered exec with masses of money and no debts.

Sad really.
                    You sad fookwit. Yes, I had a few BTLs leveraged on 5% deposit, but I did buy them early in the boom and I cashed them in to make a tidy profit.
                    As for my jobs contract or otherwise I'm betting I consistently earn more than you, since I'm reasonably sure from your posts that you're no rocket scientist
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Why do you think I recently bought a holiday home in Portugal? I have very little savings in a savings account - diversification is the name of the game.
                      I guess they did not teach you in that Red Brick Uni of yours that staying liquid at bad times is better than sinking your money into property in a far away country that is about to go bankrupt.

One can only imagine high taxes on holiday homes bought by "wealthy" foreigners there to close budget deficit. It would certainly be popular with the locals there.

Comment

Working...
                      X