• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darren Upton goes down for 6 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    When they say dating website they probably mean one of those 'Sugar Daddy' websites.
    Linky?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

"Judge Sally Cahill QC also heard how Upton, a married father of one, met a part-time model on the internet and set her up in a flat in Salford as well as buying her a car, underwear and handbags.

His affair was only discovered when his mistress contacted his office and got hold of Mrs Upton."

BBC News - Woodlesford accountant stole clients' cash for luxuries

Comment

The thing I will never understand is why when caught and bailed he did it again to another client.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          The thing I will never understand is why when caught and bailed he did it again to another client.
          Amazing what a bloke will do for totty, eh baggy?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Do you think she looks good enough to spend 6 years in jail and ruin your life?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Do you think she looks good enough to spend 6 years in jail and ruin your life?
              Me personally? Nope. But then I'm not an overweight accountant going through a mid-life crisis.

Comment

But then I'm not an overweight accountant going through a mid-life crisis.
                Are you saying that mid-life crisis is spending lots of stolen money on cars, model railways and mistress? Going to jail for 6 years is in my book.

Overall I think this stuff is far more when compared to alleged Tornado pilot who went to Italy for a bowl of noodles...

Comment

Are you saying that mid-life crisis is spending lots of stolen money on cars, model railways and mistress? Going to jail for 6 years is in my book.

Overall I think this stuff is far more when compared to alleged Tornado pilot who went to Italy for a bowl of noodles...
                  Everyone goes through a mid-life crisis at some point. I went through mine at 28, luckily I didn't have access to that kind of money then... Which is a shame.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Well, most men I know didn't steal the money they spent on dolly-birds and cars when they had their mid-life crisis.

Comment

I don't know many people who would steal 500k for it or lose a thriving business. This is after he was already in trouble from his failed Ponzi scheme, and after the birth of his little one.
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X