• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have been asked to vacate the premises

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would they want everybody to vacate the premises for an announcement of head office relocation ?
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      Why would they want everybody to vacate the premises for an announcement of head office relocation ?
      They just wanted me out as they were making the announcement to all the different departments at the same time and needed our project room. It impacts the permies because there will likely be redundancies for those unable/unwilling/not needed for the relocation, although this was not discussed.

As a contractor, easy come easy go I guess. Current contract lasts until August, as always will plan for an early exit.
      Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        Heard an uncomfortable rumor that a very large two letter company sent a load of contractors home for a few weeks the other day... Might only be that project but still not good news. Hope its a holiday rather than termination.
        Hopelessly Pathetic?
        Last edited by Sysman; 9 February 2012, 13:01.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Just you?

Sounds like the meeting is to discuss you.
          Originally posted by doomage View Post
          Thought had crossed my mind. Project is about a year behind schedule, I'm the only contractor == scapegoat.
          Are you taking lessons from SY01?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            Hopelessly Pathetic?
            Might be...

Comment

Working...
            X