• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got a Business / Personal Lease car - some very tempting offers around...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    so if i were suddenly out of work, the vehicle would still be there, paid for up front
    That's probably my biggest concern, and even though (touch wood!) I've never been out for more than a couple of weeks, you just never know and whilst it's only < a days £££, when times are hard it's another debt you don't need.

I just don't know what to do

Comment

My god you lot are poor. are you all on benefits?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
        That's probably my biggest concern, and even though (touch wood!) I've never been out for more than a couple of weeks, you just never know and whilst it's only < a days £££, when times are hard it's another debt you don't need.

I just don't know what to do
        well you need a new vehicle. if youve got 10k spare
        become a boring middle aged old f@rt and get a hyundai or a kia and start churning

if not, lease a decent one and take the risk

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Don't you lease your car, Dodgy?

Or am I imagining you posting about it a while back?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
            Opps, fell for the dealer line, did you? I alway have to laugh when some clown brings this up. Have you actually compared the two?#

730d - 520N.m 0-60 7.8s
            760i - 600N.m 0-60 5.5s

You do realise that the ads for diesels should read 'not as crappy as they used to be'.
            Think you are quoting the old 730d, current 730d 0-60 7.2
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

No wonder so many contractors end up poor. Frittering away large amounts of cash on a vanity object.
              Invest the money so you can get out of the rat race instead
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                No wonder so many contractors end up poor. Frittering away large amounts of cash on a vanity object.
                Invest the money so you can get out of the rat race instead
                Says the man who boosts about living in Wandsworth.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Says the man who boosts about living in Wandsworth.
                  I'm truly sorry you're so ignorant. Wouldn't want to be ya.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Think you are quoting the old 730d, current 730d 0-60 7.2
                    I was comparing E65 with E65. I have tried the new one, and it is quicker, but its not 5.5, whatever the torque.

I find that the big diesels arequick off the mark but run out of puff quickly, hence the 2-3 second difference to 60 for similar torque outputs. Don't believe the hype, petrol is still quicker than diesel, and having compared MPGs, not any better in a big car, and more expensive per gallon. I can't see why I would change.
                    World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      Our agents take too large a cut!
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X