• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got a Business / Personal Lease car - some very tempting offers around...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
    Deals are not as good as they were a few years ago. Just handed back my BMW 760, which I was paying 410 a month for. That was 2 years old when I picked it up. Spotted a deal on a brand new 730 diesel for 399 a month, which is pretty spectacular, but unfortunately I don't do deisels
    Why not? Can't you handle the torque?

Comment

I know a BMW M3 Coupe going for £700 per month 4K miles but I dont suppose any of you can afford it
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Are you planning on doing this through YourCo or out of personal cash.

What sort of BIK would you be looking at if it's from company fundage?

I know fundage isn't really a word but it should be.
        Urban Dictionary: fundage
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          I know a BMW M3 Coupe going for £700 per month 4K miles but I dont suppose any of you are that stupid
          ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
            Deals are not as good as they were a few years ago. Just handed back my BMW 760, which I was paying 410 a month for. That was 2 years old when I picked it up. Spotted a deal on a brand new 730 diesel for 399 a month, which is pretty spectacular, but unfortunately I don't do deisels
            Spelling them or driving them?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I would not touch leases with a barge pole. I have been burned too many times.

Early termination costs.
              Doing more miles than you expected.
              Changes in jobs leading to both of the above.

Just better to pay 3 - 4k cash for something fair every year and cover it's cost in business miles...

I am due my new toy this year and my current car took the bullet early over crimbo. I couldn't find the right car to replace it with. So as a stop gap I borrowed 3k from the company and bought a cheap convertible, by the time June roles round, I will have claimed all that money back and more in business miles. leaving me either a free car for my kids, or the chance to sell it at a profit in the summer weather.

Either way, no BIK and no 15% car loan tying me down for 3 years in uncertain times.

TBH I don't think I will be bothering to go for an big toy now. It's far more attractive to have a free company car every year.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                I know a BMW M3 Coupe going for £700 per month 4K miles but I dont suppose any of you can afford it
                We wouldn't want it. Everyone will think we are Agents or drug dealers

Comment

One thing to watch out for is that they base their offers on basic models. So they might say:

Car value at new: £20,000
                  Monthly fee: £200 x 24

But then if you add, say £1500 of extras (wheels, stereo, leather, metallic paint), rather than adding that to the value at new and factoring in only the depreciation of those items, they add the entire cost to your monthly fee, making it £200 + (£1500/24) = £262.50.

So they don't take into consideration the higher residual value of the vehicle given your additional extras, which you have paid for in their entirety anyway.

This is just in my experience, but thought I'd mention it as I don't think it's made very clear by some companies.

Comment

3.5k a year is too much. I churn my vehicle every two years for about 6-7 k.
                    that way I never have to worry about mot or servicing. and they are very forgiving about scratches , bumps etc.

so the sums involved are similar, except the vehicle belongs to me. so if i were suddenly out of work, the vehicle would still be there, paid for up front

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Why not? Can't you handle the torque?
                      Opps, fell for the dealer line, did you? I alway have to laugh when some clown brings this up. Have you actually compared the two?#

730d - 520N.m 0-60 7.8s
                      760i - 600N.m 0-60 5.5s

You do realise that the ads for diesels should read 'not as crappy as they used to be'.
                      World's Best Martini

Comment

Working...
                      X