• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accurate Story in the Daily Mail !?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Yes that is true. It is interesting that your lot are led by those who think that the rest of society owes them a living and people who are serial public servants. There is a clear agenda here because climate change is being used politically to screw money out of the wealth creators.

With the morality of tax being blown apart there has to be a new "moral cause" behind taxation - climate change (whatever happened to "man made global warming?") is that morality, only it is proving a b**ger to prove:

1. That climate change is/is not desirable and
    2. That we can actually do anything about it.

I for one have formed my views on the basis of the people who are making the noises about global warming. On this I am not alone particularly when I see fanatics like pjclarke coming on here serving up what is effectively utterly counter productive propaganda. So if Steve Hughes "The war on terror, global warming, what I see as the small oppressions in the West that are made out to be protections of our freedom... " and Jeremy Clarkson say global warming doesnt exist then this is good enough for me.
    Sorry Dodgy, but you really are an incredibly stupid man
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes that is true. It is interesting that your lot are led by those who think that the rest of society owes them a living and people who are serial public servants. There is a clear agenda here because climate change is being used politically to screw money out of the wealth creators.

With the morality of tax being blown apart there has to be a new "moral cause" behind taxation - climate change (whatever happened to "man made global warming?") is that morality, only it is proving a b**ger to prove:

1. That climate change is/is not desirable and
      2. That we can actually do anything about it.

I for one have formed my views on the basis of the people who are making the noises about global warming. On this I am not alone particularly when I see fanatics like pjclarke coming on here serving up what is effectively utterly counter productive propaganda. So if Steve Hughes "The war on terror, global warming, what I see as the small oppressions in the West that are made out to be protections of our freedom... " and Jeremy Clarkson say global warming doesnt exist then this is good enough for me.
      I am actually quite fond of pj. he is one of the best advocates we have.

Strange how he doesn't see it, what with being so intelligent and all

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Sorry Dodgy, but you really are an incredibly stupid man
        I like keeping things simple
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

What! our foremost thinker Jeremy Clarkson doubts the existence of climate change? Why didn't you say earlier?

I am going to have to completely rethink my position.
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Obama vs Palin, I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
              What! our foremost thinker Jeremy Clarkson doubts the existence of climate change? Why didn't you say earlier?

I am going to have to completely rethink my position.
              He like me enjoys simplicity and to be honest I would rather my children grew up living on man made islands than living under the control of your lot
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I like keeping things simple
                He like me enjoys simplicity :....

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" - Albert Einstein
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                  You may be onto something; it is certainly the case that those who deny what the science is telling us tend to be on the free-market, libertarian right

Stern: Climate change a 'market failure' | Environment | guardian.co.uk
                  KInd of contradicting yourself, as the other study shows.

Just as a reminder:

On the whole, the most scientifically literate and numerate subjects were slightly less likely, not more, to see climate change as a serious threat than the least scientifically literate and numerate ones.
                  But then again climate change advocacy was never really about intellectually robust arguments.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Not sure how this got onto climate change but it's a subject that does indicate the extent to which people argue pointlessly over theory or abstract ideas. It really doesn't matter much if climate change is true or not, the goals of both sides should be largely the same since CO2 emission=fossil fuel use.

a) We need to reduce non renewable fuel use anyway due to diminishing resources, increasing population and the fact that potentially hostile states have so much of it.

b) We need technologies and policies that actually work and that should be judged on science. No point in technology that uses more fuel to set up than it saves or daft green taxes that destroy efficient western industries and drive production to places like China where the only concern is growth.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Not sure how this got onto climate change but it's a subject that does indicate the extent to which people argue pointlessly over theory or abstract ideas. It really doesn't matter much if climate change is true or not, the goals of both sides should be largely the same since CO2 emission=fossil fuel use.

a) We need to reduce non renewable fuel use anyway due to diminishing resources, increasing population and the fact that potentially hostile states have so much of it.

b) We need technologies and policies that actually work and that should be judged on science. No point in technology that uses more fuel to set up than it saves or daft green taxes that destroy efficient western industries and drive production to places like China where the only concern is growth.
                      Very well put Xog

Comment

Working...
                      X