• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow watch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Manchester - still snowing.
    We've had several snow ball fights and built a 3 foot high snow piggy, with red berries for eyes. Fingers crossed it will continue til Mon - so I have to work from home
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

A balmy 5C here in Norn Iron.

Comment

Finally started in Leicester towards the end of the afternoon - I've given it 3/10 on #uksnow.

However I'm more excited about the new MacBook Air I bought today

Just going to get my video transcoding stuff installed, then see about building a debug build of PHP to run alongside the default installation

Comment

Light dusting expected in cloggers tomorrow on top of the already frozen heavy dusting from yesterday.

All the cycle paths have been snow ploughed, but not the local roads
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

After a few small snowflakes at midday, it's turned to freezing rain now ffs. No snowmen for me this year.

Comment

Dusting in mid Bucks

Comment

Very light here. I'd go as far as calling it a brazillian.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Very light here. I'd go as far as calling it a brazillian.
                  What, a strip of snow down the middle of your drive?

Comment

Bugger. Just lost most of Sky, although oddly the BBC channels are still working. It's coming down pretty thick outside.

I remember snow taking out Sky 6 or 7 years ago when I first had it, but the last three severe winters* didn't affect it at all.

(*I'm trying so hard not to make a global warming comment).
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

-1° C in SW London (Richmond), 2" of snow and still falling here, quite heavily.

Comment

Working...
                      X