• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The joys of autistic children

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Recorder.

There is no sound more malevolent & disturbing than the shrill squeal of a two year old trying to see if they can break a recorder.
    Agreed. Baby BP loves making music and Mrs BP hates noise. Makes for a fun combination.

Comment

Recorder.

There is no sound more malevolent & disturbing than the shrill squeal of a two year old trying to see if they can break a recorder.
      You're an amateur. The classy option is a violin with paid for weekly tutor. They can start from age 2 and by the time they are 8 with daily practice they may just about to be able to play it without it sounding like a screaming cat.

What's worse is that because I'm paying for the lessons my sister in law can't work out how to stop the torture.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        You're an amateur. The classy option is a violin with paid for weekly tutor. They can start from age 2 and by the time they are 8 with daily practice they may just about to be able to play it without it sounding like a screaming cat.

What's worse is that because I'm paying for the lessons my sister in law can't work out how to stop the torture.
        Too expensive. My two year old is a one man demolition derby. I've worked out I need to work for another 5 years now to be able to pay for the damage.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Too expensive. My two year old is a one man demolition derby. I've worked out I need to work for another 5 years now to be able to pay for the damage.
          What? £10 a week to give the joy of music to an entire family is too expensive? And you call yourself a contractor
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            What? £10 a week to give the joy of music to an entire family is too expensive? And you call yourself a contractor
            I meant I'd have to replace the bloody violin every week.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I meant I'd have to replace the bloody violin every week.
              Plan B - invent a disposable but playable Violin...

Comment

Working...
              X