• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The joys of autistic children"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I meant I'd have to replace the bloody violin every week.
    Plan B - invent a disposable but playable Violin...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    What? £10 a week to give the joy of music to an entire family is too expensive? And you call yourself a contractor
    I meant I'd have to replace the bloody violin every week.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Too expensive. My two year old is a one man demolition derby. I've worked out I need to work for another 5 years now to be able to pay for the damage.
    What? £10 a week to give the joy of music to an entire family is too expensive? And you call yourself a contractor

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    You're an amateur. The classy option is a violin with paid for weekly tutor. They can start from age 2 and by the time they are 8 with daily practice they may just about to be able to play it without it sounding like a screaming cat.

What's worse is that because I'm paying for the lessons my sister in law can't work out how to stop the torture.
    Too expensive. My two year old is a one man demolition derby. I've worked out I need to work for another 5 years now to be able to pay for the damage.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Recorder.

There is no sound more malevolent & disturbing than the shrill squeal of a two year old trying to see if they can break a recorder.
    You're an amateur. The classy option is a violin with paid for weekly tutor. They can start from age 2 and by the time they are 8 with daily practice they may just about to be able to play it without it sounding like a screaming cat.

What's worse is that because I'm paying for the lessons my sister in law can't work out how to stop the torture.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Recorder.

There is no sound more malevolent & disturbing than the shrill squeal of a two year old trying to see if they can break a recorder.
    Agreed. Baby BP loves making music and Mrs BP hates noise. Makes for a fun combination.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    FTFY
    Recorder.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Thanks for that. His present for his second birthday will be a drum set....
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Woken up at 4am by baby BP screaming. In delight at acting out a scene from the clone wars.

I am thinking of sending him to Diver for a while :-

At least they share the same dress sense :-
    Wifey and Junior are on holiday with Wifey's sister and Mother.

I'm still awake at 4am! FFS!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Woken up at 4am by baby BP screaming. In delight at acting out a scene from the clone wars.

I am thinking of sending him to Diver for a while :-

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I woke up before 04:00 so I've done 1/2 day already (wfh) I can now relax a little and watch the rain

At least they share the same dress sense :-

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Greased up and wearing nothing but a tutu
    Try being round our house for a while. I was up at 5am this morning. Baby BP already downstairs wearing a pirate hat, tutu and waving a light sabre around.
    Last edited by BrilloPad; 26 April 2012, 06:27.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Good the see the police are sensitive to disabled children Police officers assaulted autistic boy - Telegraph

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    If its like Mrs BP there will be lots of gin bottles. She doses the kids liberally then takes the rest herself.
    We found they preferred Vodka. Then I started to introduce them to Absolut's flavoured versions (no ulterior motive honest gov).

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    No loud stuff in this house. Little fella has taken to jumping out of his skin at any loud noise. This morning there were even tears at the sound of the bottle bin being sorted for the bin men.
    If its like Mrs BP there will be lots of gin bottles. She doses the kids liberally then takes the rest herself.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Always go for the nosiest option when its not your children. ELC do a good keyboard microphone combination.
    A "friend" bought my eldest a Scooby Doo haunted castle type thing, three am I was talking without any lights on and kicked it activating a variety of ghost noises and a barrage of swearing on their voicemail

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    From Jr or Churchill?
    Jr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X