• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

barclays online banking hit by fraud this morning - be careful!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    URL is legit. I'm on the company PC here so it's behind corporate AV and firewall etc.

I haven't plugged in anything or visited any dodgy sites or downloaded any executables.

Very weird.
    You may think it legit but it may not be. You need to read the whole URL it could have an @ in it.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Full virus and rootkit scan.

Nothing found
      Most corporate ant-virus software is pants, couldn't find it's own arse with both hands, you need this mate.

Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Most corporate ant-virus software is pants, couldn't find it's own arse with both hands, you need this mate.

Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer
        Thanks (again) for the link. Ran the full scan and it's come out all clean.

So still no idea what happened to my Barclays login this morning... but an AV, rootkit and malware scan have all come up clean.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

*Ahem*

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
            You didn't provide the link for the client. That why I'm on £20hr more than you.

Comment

Thanks (again) for the link. Ran the full scan and it's come out all clean.

So still no idea what happened to my Barclays login this morning... but an AV, rootkit and malware scan have all come up clean.
              We'll blame the Bobs in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                Thanks

Comment

Spooky - this just arrived in my hotmail

Hello dear member,

Your account is suspended due to the number of incorrect login attempts.

For your protection, we've suspended your account . To reactivate your account

please download the document attached to this email to review your account activity.

If not completed we will be forced to close your account .

Note: If you received these e-mail in your BULK/SPAM section please add to your address book [email protected]

Thank you,
                  Customer Support Service.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Virtual ATM Machine | Moneyville

Dear Customer
                    Due to security regulations you need to change your PIN number. In order to assist you this can be done with an on-line ATM.
                    Paddy
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Spooky - this just arrived in my hotmail

Hello dear member,

Your account is suspended due to the number of incorrect login attempts.

For your protection, we've suspended your account . To reactivate your account

please download the document attached to this email to review your account activity.

If not completed we will be forced to close your account .

Note: If you received these e-mail in your BULK/SPAM section please add to your address book [email protected]

Thank you,
                      Customer Support Service.
                      The weird thing for me was that I didn't access the website through any link ... I typed it into the browser as I always do. The trojan or whatever it was appeared on the actual Barclays https website. All scans came through clean!

Comment

Working...
                      X