• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

barclays online banking hit by fraud this morning - be careful!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Thanks. I'll try call them again and speak to Bob who's probably the one siphoning cash out of my account anyway.
    Why not give your Premier Banking relationship manager a call and get them to sort it out. That's what I did last time online wasn't working and they were actually pretty helpful, especially me then not having to chase the offshore route.

You do have Premier Banking don't you ?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      You do have Premier Banking don't you ?
      Nobody has got that apart from bankers with big fat bonuses and knighthoods thrown in (or out)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Nobody has got that apart from bankers with big fat bonuses and knighthoods thrown in (or out)
        I thought you got a Premier Banking invite when you received your contractor's badge...

Seriously though, they usually offer it to anyone who puts £40k+ through their account in a year as that's when they assume you're earning enough for them to bother. They officially hold out for £100k earnings but they like the sales platform it gives them to flog their premium services.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Chimpy, you are seeing what the malware WANTS you to see.

Your money is now in the pocket of some lowlife Russian.

Do we know any lowlife Russians that spend a lot of time trawling the Internet?
          Probably. One of them is At The Work.

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
            I thought you got a Premier Banking invite when you received your contractor's badge...
            I am not a contractor.

Comment

I don't understand this offshore call centre b0ll0cks. It was 11am on a Wednesday morning and I had to hold for 10 minutes due to this being an "exceptionally busy time". 3 times I called them today and 3 times I had to wait ~10 minutes to get through to a human being.

When is it not an "exceptionally busy time", if not during an average working day morning?

One of our esteemed friends, "Jaspreet" actually cut me off after 20 minutes! His friend, "Roy" (perhaps of the Rovers with the accent he was trying to put on) helped me out after I held on for aother 15 minutes.

And isn't the point of offshore call centres to pile 'em in cheap and pile 'em high? i.e. shouldn't there be a lot more people there ready to answer calls than Barclays might be able to afford here?

What a load of crock, that's what I say

The way to win business these days: local call centres with people answering the phones within 30 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                I am not a contractor.
                That explains it then

Comment

Full virus and rootkit scan.

Nothing found

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    Full virus and rootkit scan.

Nothing found
                    To do a full scan you need to take the drive out and run it from USB then scan from another computer.
                    The “virus” may have gone after changing your files. It could be redirecting from your hosts file or similar. Check the URL
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      To do a full scan you need to take the drive out and run it from USB then scan from another computer.
                      The “virus” may have gone after changing your files. It could be redirecting from your hosts file or similar. Check the URL
                      URL is legit. I'm on the company PC here so it's behind corporate AV and firewall etc.

I haven't plugged in anything or visited any dodgy sites or downloaded any executables.

Very weird.

Comment

Working...
                      X